Chapter 102, All That Time Couldn't Heal

Start from the beginning

Emotional support is the last thing I needed right now.

"Right now, they're the enemy, so don't hold back", I sternly said when my eyes fell right on the man who'd gave me my remarkable blonde hair and blue eyes, along the woman who I'd inherited the Sharingan from.

"Hayate and Ichiko...", Itachi gasped to himself, "that sick bastard"

I've either become too old or too numb, because when I stare right back at my reanimated parents as I firmly hold my ground, I feel absolute nothingness.

"You've picked the oldest trick in the book", I growl at Kabuto, "how uncreative and unoriginal", I remarked with a cocky smirk.

"Oh but this time won't be like last time", he assured, rendering me unimpressed.

"Keep babbling all you want", I sternly said, before I darted my gaze back to my parents.

"Darling I know that it's sad that we keep meeting this way, but don't you dare and falter", father said, and I couldn't have taken any other advice by heart like I did this one.

Don't falter...

Understood.

"We're already dead, so it's no use to let your grievances take over", mother said, which slightly tucked at my heart just a tiny bit.

We're already dead...

"Hanabi", Itachi whispers, and I had to refrain myself from thinking about this any longer.

And so I put the two and two together then let it sink in.

Don't falter, we're already dead...

"It's fine", I sternly state, "Orochimaru did the same thing four years ago..."

Itachi knew better than to carry on with this conversation and so he gave me a firm nod before looking back at our opponents.

"It seems we've been summoned to the realm of the living", mother told father.

"What a nuisance, for someone to have taken advantage of Lord Second's Forbidden Jutsu", Father responded back.

In short, I know they won't be in control again like this. Kabuto will take advantage of their skills in combat and use them against us.

"I've heard enough about your parents to make my knees go weak", Itachi suddenly remarked, pulling me out of my trance.

I look at him with parted lips as he went on, "but I know that as long as we're together, we can show them what we can do"

"Itachi..."

"I don't wanna hear it", he smirked at me, "I wanna see it, so get those hand signs weaved", he winked at me.

Not the smirk...

"Don't blush, there'll be plenty of time for that"

"Piss off"

"Right after you"

"..."

My heart was as calm as ever, all because I knew that I had Itachi by my side. I glance over at Naruto whose expression suggested that he was still taking in all that Obito had said.

"Watch out for my father's Wind Blade strike", I inform as I scrutinize them via the Sharingan, "and my mother's Red Butterfly Technique, although I'm not sure if she can perform it".

"Got it, let's be wary of his Teleportation Technique, my father had bragged about Hayate's speed on countless occasions"

"Itachi darling, well done for doing your homework", I slightly mock, before we spring into action.

Something in my gut told me to be wary, since they managed to force the Tsuchikage into a truce in the Third Great Ninja War, before Minato finally put an end to war after killing circa one-thousand stone shinobi.

This calmness that radiated off of me scared me. I knew that the aftermath of this encounter would kick in and that it'll leave me weak and vulnerable. Sooner or later, the grievances would take over.

After all, this is a wound that time failed to heal.

My mother had the fire flames of the Fireball Jutsu bursting out of her mouth. Itachi took position and generated that same water dragon again.

I'd gotten the gist of the approach he was going for. He moulded the dragon rapidly before fending off my mother's blazing flames.

The dragon merged with the remarkable blazing flames.

That resulted in a thick vapor to form, which clouded my father's blue eyes.

Having inherited the Sharingan, I utilized it to glide freely through the vapor that Itachi had managed to produce.

From behind him I came down with a barrage, which he effortlessly blocked. I rapidly leapt away with a pacing heart.

"I'm a sensory type remember? I can easily sense your presence, Hanabi", he informs, making me dumbfounded.

That seems to be the problem.

Itachi kept fighting off my mother utilizing distance-range offensive attacks as I strayed away in the vapor that was deliberately clearing.

I took in a deep breath before I began concentrating Wind chakra in my palm. He clearly saw my attack coming, which is why he conjured a Wind Blade Strike of his own.

This time, I didn't make any surprises. I simply lunged forward with immense speed while clenching my jaw tightly.

Our attacks were going to collide together just like they did four years ago. When our attacks nearly collide, that's when I scarcely helped the smirk that grew on my face as I let my offensive attack disappear.

The sudden disappearance of my attack rendered him shocked as he wondered were it went. He'd completely forgotten about the conjured attack in his palm as helooked at me in the eyes.

"Don't Falter", I echo, before taking the Taijutsu approach and delivering several powerful kicks, which made him tumble back. He tumbled right back into my earlier Wind Blade strike, which I teleported behind him via a red butterfly.

No sound eluded him as a whole punctured right into his torso.

For a split second, I faltered because I let my emotions take over at the sight of my father writhing in pain like this.

My gaze had lingered and I'd halted for a moment. I would've froze if Itachi hadn't come close and whispered.

"I'm here, remember that"

__________________________________

A/N:- Okey so earlier on, I'd mentioned that I had a dilemma like twenty chapters ago. That dilemma was whether I wanted to unveil Obito's identity or not, but as y'all know, I did unveil his identity so that's that.

My second dilemma is the reanimated Ichiko and Hayate. I thought that since I can't guarantee you guys a spin-off/sequel that I'd at least write more fight scenes before I put this book to rest.

~A