Chapter 102, All That Time Couldn't Heal

En başından başla

I'd made sure to keep my concentration constant and stable alongside Itachi. My eyes glowed red as I scrutinized everything that was happening. The attack was yet to hit him.

Everything seemed to be going slower than it actually was. I don't dare to release a single breath when I feel my lips part.

My eyes had widened and I instantly grasped for Itachi's wrist. In response, Itachi had stiffened and tensed, telling me that he understands.

"No way...", Itachi hissed through his tightly clenched jaw.

Moments before our Kekki Genkai attack was seen colliding with its target, I'd caught sight of Kabuto weaving hand signs rapidly. It had put us both on alert as the dragon attack acted as a barrier, which prevented us from seeing anything further.

All I heard Kabuto say was "Summoning Jutsu", before the Lightning beast we aimed at him abruptly came right back at us.

The furious Lightning Beast backfired right at us, the attack was going to turn us into crisp, if I hadn't poured my chakra into Itachi's.

"Flying Raijin", I blurted, just as the attack landed right in the place where we no longer stood.

Through the Teleportation Dimension, my pacing heart kept thumping rapidly. My mind raced back and forth as I attempted to comprehend what had just happened.

Our attack was backfired at us, but how? How'd this even happen?

I tightened my grip on Itachi's wrist as we finally landed back on the terrain, unscathed. We'd landed in the place of a previously marked butterfly.

My heart never calmed down as Itachi and I embraced each other to brace for the Kekki Genkai impact.

It felt like as if the ground was shaking beneath our feet as my hair flailed around furiously. The attack had kicked into the ground, resulting in a crater. Itachi's arms tightened around me as I protected my head all the while scrunching my eyes shut.

When the impact had finally brushed away, that's when I heard Obito gasp in shock. Itachi's arms fell weak as I deliberately broke out of his embrace. The first thing I did was look up at Itachi, who was rooted to his place.

His entire muscles had become rigid as he croaked out my name.

"Hanabi"

His eyes were unblinking as he solely focused on what was ahead of him. Instinctively, I'd trailed my narrowed eyes where his were cemented.

And sure enough, before I could gasp or widen my eyes, I'd first comprehended how our deadly attack had backfired.

I pulled out of Itachi's warm arms only to be left for the whistling wind and the wounds that are yet to be healed properly. This time, I didn't shed even one tear. I couldn't...my mind had numbed as a defense mechanism.

I knew that later, the ice barrier that froze my blazing emotions would thaw, and when that would happen I'll be left in shambles.

"It's a good thing that Lord Orochimaru left me a little gift before he got abducted", Kabuto wickedly grinned, his glasses glistened in the dead of night.

"You bastard!", Itachi shouted back in response.

My lips were still sealed together and my eyes remained neutral. I must've remained calm and composed on the exterior and interior, but all this numbness would later contribute to a storm that'll ruin my mind.

"I can't believe it", Obito remarked a little shocked.

"Hanabi-"

"No", I held up my hand in objection when Itachi was going to land a hand on my shoulder, "I'm fine"