Chapter 7 ~ Sophie

"Son?" Sophie asked.

"Yes." Ruy told her, "that's what she said."

"That means I am your. . . " Sophie started.

"Sister." Ruy finished for her.

"I'm your sister" Sophie repeated.

"I guess." Ruy told her.

"That's weird." Sophie grunted.

"Hey I know, I never asked for a sister!"

"Oh, shut up." Sophie grumbled. Sophie felt like she could trust Ruy as family even though she knew he was still with the Neverseen.

Sophie got serious again, "How could Oralie keep this a secret from us?"

"I don't know." Ruy told her.

"Agreed." Sophie said. "Wait, then you should be part of the black swan."

"What?" Ruy asked. "You know you make no sense."

"See, if my biological mother is Oralie and I was experimented on by the Black Swan then you should be too right? Since Oralie is a councilor she can't have kids like normal, can she?" Sophie asked.

"That makes sense, but why would the Black Swan just give me up then." Ruy asked.

Sophie stared at him like he should know the answer.

"Oh, I got it. I was a failed experiment." Ruy frowned.

"I should ask them about this. They kept this a secret from us!" Sophie noted to herself.

"You should ask." Ruy told her. "Do you know your biological father?"

"No, you?"

"Nope," Ruy answered.

"We might not even have the same father." Sophie told him.

"Yeah"

"Are you going to go back to the Neverseen?" Sophie asked.

"I don't know. I have nowhere else to stay. I also don't have a family." Ruy replied.

"Hey, I'm your sister. " Sophie protested.

"But you're part of the Black Swan." Ruy told her.

"So you're just gonna stay with the Neverseen?" Sophie asked him.

"Probably." Ruy admitted.

"But. . ." Sophie started.

"Sophie you're the moonlark and I'm just Ruy okay. My biological family doesn't care about me. They left me all alone in the woods. The Neverseen were the people who helped me. The Black Swan just left me there. There is no reason for me to join the Black Swan." Ruy told her.

"Ok, makes sense." Sophie sighed.

"But, how can you just go back without answers?" Sophie asked.

"I'm not talking to the Black Swan." Ruy said.

"Okay, I'll talk to them and you can meet me here for answers at 11 tomorrow." Sophie told him.

"Sounds great, but nothing is ever gonna make me join the black swan." Ruy told her.

"Are you still going to let the Neverseen hurt me and my family?" Sophie asked.

"Probably not. I won't let them hurt my sister and the people she loves" Ruy said. "But then again, I will still be against the collective."

Sophie nodded.

"Then again, I am probably gonna have a lot of doubts about the Neverseen too."

"Yeah" Sophie agreed. "Can you show me your real face?"

"Ummm, I- I- I-" Ruy stuttered.

"Please, I can't trust you if you don't." Sophie pleaded. "I want to see my brother's face."

"Fine, but you're not telling anyone. If you do. . . ." Ruy mumbled as he took off his hood and adler. Then he grabbed a small bottle of liquid and drank it.

"Woah." Sophie stumbled back. His hair was not black and was the color of Sophie's hair! He had azure eyes and there was a long scar down the right side of his face. He was a elf who would be considered very handsome. 

"Where did you get that scar?" she asked, after she was done observing him.

"I don't know where I got it from but I've had it since the day I could remember." Ruy told her.

"Is that why you hide your face?" Sophie had to ask.

"Yeah," Ruy muttered, embarrassed.

"Oh," Sophie grinned.

"What?" Ruy asked.

"Just funny to see you embarrassed." Sophie comments.

Ruy glared at her and put his adler and hood back on. Then he drank a liquid from a different bottle and his hair turned black.

"Ok, then. See you tomorrow with some answers." Ruy waved goodbye as he left.

Sophie sighed and sat down on the grass. It was super dark outside and there were weird noises, but Sophie couldn't stop thinking about Ruy. She now had a brother, an older brother. Who was part of the Neverseen because of Black Swan and Oralie. She was mad at Oralie and hoped that she would never ever get to know her biological father.

She wanted answers from Mr. Forkle and the collective. They had kept secrets from her for too long. Too long. She needed answers to fight better in the coming war.

Suddenly, she felt a hand reach out and touch her shoulders. Sophie jumped and shrieked. Immediately she grabbed a goblin throwing star and threw it at the person.

QOTD: What is your favorite color? Mine is probably sky blue or pale green. 

My day was super duper boring. You know school is never really that fun, is it? Next update probably on Wednesday. Bye, guys! 

Mysterious Miss S out ->