Chapter 4 ~ Keefe

Keefe was wandering the streets of San Francisco. Mommy dearest gave him an 'amazing' ability that he couldn't control.

His mind kept wandering to what Ro had said to him. She told him that he had to tell Sophie that he loved her, but now he had lost that chance. Fitz would just have to take the stop he wanted. He would never see Foster again, but again to keep Foster and all the people in the lost cities safe he had to leave the lost cities. And he could change the choice he already made.

His plan was to go ask Amy for a place to stay, all he could do was hope that she wouldn't tell Foster where he was hiding.

"Hey. . . " Amy started, as she opened the door. "Wait, aren't you that boy my sister was friends with from the lost cities!?"

"Yeah," Keefe mumbled.

"Why are you here?" Amy asked him.

"Are your parents home?" he asked, avoiding the question. 

"No. They just went out 10 minutes ago, you came at the right time. They won't be here for the next few days, vacation. Let's go inside and you can tell me why you are here. Don't avoid the question!" Amy said.

How does Amy know everything? They went inside Amy's house. "Why are you here, Keefe?" she demanded.

"So. . ." Keefe started.

He told Amy the whole story of his ability and his mom. He also told her about how he could never go back to the lost cities.

"So, you're never going back to the lost cities?" Amy asked him.

"Yep, to protect Foster and all the elves I can not go back." Keefe answered. "You can't tell anyone about me being here, please. Especially Foster."

"Fine, for now. But someday you will have to tell my sister. She called me the day you left her and she told me she could never survive the Neverseen without you. And also by the way, the Neverseen attacked a store in Atlantis. You have to go help her. She needs you." Amy stated.

"I can't!" Keefe told her. "Until I can control my ability I can't go back. And controlling this ability will be impossible."

"Oh, sure." Amy said, rolling her eyes. "We'll see."

"Promise you won't tell Foster." Keefe pleaded.

"Like I said, I won't tell her for now." Amy said. "If I feel that she really needs you then I will tell her, and be ready for that."

Keefe stared at the floor. He knew Foster was super mad at him, she probably hated him. She could definitely survive the Neverseen without him. She was strong, brave, caring, beautiful, cute, and amazing. . . . . Keefe kept thinking about her.

"Keefe, stop daydreaming about her. Why don't you just tell her that you like her?" Amy asked.

Keefe looked at the ground. He knew it was obvious that he liked her, but "The Sophie Oblivion" was still happening. And also, if he told her that he liked her then she would just tell him that she didn't like him back. She would definitely choose Fitz over him. After all he was just a boy with mommy and daddy issues.

"Oh. Keefe. Just tell her, okay." Amy told him, giving him a are you stupid look. "So, where are you gonna stay?"

"Ummm, that's why I came here. I thought you would know a good place to stay." Keefe mumbled.

"Oh, you can stay here if you want. Just for a few days until my parents come back and then you can move to a good place that I can think of." Amy answered thoughtfully.

So for the rest of the day, Keefe and Amy looked for good places that he could stay in and hide forever. They found a few good options. Keefe loved the Extended Stay America. They had those cool elfy cookies for snack and for dinner that had something called pizza and it was so good.