Chapter 51: A Tap Into Darkness

Start from the beginning

"This is the last of the bombs, Doctor." the tiny droid held a circular bomb, inching it slowly to his Master. The man took the object angrily from the droid, making it leap backward, frighten. Poor droid, even he deserved better.

"I'm well aware that this is the last of them. You'd think I'd lose count?" The Doctor shouted. The droid held his ears tightly.

"The virus in its gaseous forms, combined with these bombs, will release the blue shadow virus back into the galaxy, more potent than ever before."

His eyes widened as he inserted the vial into the circular bomb. He was indeed insane, he held a bomb that could kill thousands, and he was completely fine with it.

"Are you insane? It's a deadly disease! No life-forms are immune to it. That's why it was eradicated." I snapped. My fists clutched themselves as I forcibly tried unlocking them. A painful sting came from within them, shocking my whole back throwing me to the back wall.

"Take this away." The man laughed once more. He gave the bomb back to the small droid, being more delicate with it than ever.

"Take her away too, oh and that thing over there." The man added.

Two large droids grabbed the sides of the arms, pinching them in the process. My head hung low, defeated as they dragged my body across the stone ground.

I forcibly tried to hold my head up, but a stinging sensation would form on the back of my neck, making it impossible. I grunted as more and more zaps would come from the other two droids located behind me.

Jar Jar and I were placed in a large room, cuffed to a large metal pool. By now, Binks was awake and confused. He was terrified, and there was nothing I could do but hope Anakin or Master Kenobi would find us soon.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We waited what seemed hours; by now, it would be nightfall.

My wrist has bruised from the tight grip of the cuffs. My head leaned on the metal pole as I watched the Doctor and his droids began to prepare and formulate their plan.

"Is we gonna be okay?" Jar Jar whispered. His voice laced with curiosity and sadness. "I don't know, Jar," I said, sighing as I placed my head back onto the pole.

However, in a matter of seconds, the lab started an emergency breakdown.

"We have a breech!" The Doctor yelled. He slammed his fists against the steel table, making the objects on the top bounce.

"All droids to hatch number one!" He ordered. He lifted a large glass helmet in his arms. He turned around, his eyes staring coldly into mine. "Friends of yours, I assume. They arrived quicker than I would've thought."

He placed the glass over his head, securing it in place. I closed my eyes, focusing on the force wishing that somehow the binds would magically break. They never did.

Instead, a saber stabbed the front of the window door. My eyes snapped open; I faced the boy I loved. A smile automatically formed on my lips as I watched him slice the door.

"I would run if I were you; he doesn't like when people kidnap the things he loves." I teased, smirking in the process.

The Doctor leaped backward from his terminal. He was taken back by how fast Anakin carved his way into the lab.

"Y/n!" Anakin yelled as his eyes laid on mine. His brows furrowed, hinting at a bit of relief and sadness. His eyes glazed over my entire body, looking at the cuff tightly wrapped around my wrist. Or even the dark circles that had formed underneath my eyelids from the stress and pain I had received.

"Take another step, and your friends die!" The Doctor yelled. He pulled another lever in one swift motion. My eyes darted back to Anakin's before the sizzling of the electric bolts hit my body.

I yelled as the pain reached into my veins. My back arched automatically as memories flashed into my head. Memories of my past nightmares. The ones I used to have in my sleep that would haunt me late at night.

The pain continued for another minute when it finally stopped. My eyes began to swell with tears from exhaustion. I didn't dare face Ani; I knew his face would be filled with rage just like it once was when Dooku had me locked up.

"I realize I won't be able to hold you, Jedi, for long. That is why I'm giving you a choice." The Doctor placed the vial in a triangular suitcase. His boots loudly walked across the floor, echoing the room.

"Fine with me, as long as one the option is killing you!" Ani yelled. My head hung down low, avoiding any eye contact that would make Anakin angrier.

"How about you capture me or save your friends?" The Doctor yelled as he quickly pulled the lever once more as he ran out of the lab carrying the gaseous vial.

My body felt the same pain it did moments ago. More and more images wandered into my head. Pictures I had no recollection of—images of a hot place filled with lava. Still, images of Kenobi plastered inside my mind. His face filled with distress as he cried out my name.