Chapter 39 : Divide and patrol

Start from the beginning

They used water jutsus to put down the fire and other type of jutsu t chase out the enemy while the three of us tried to get the people out of that area and helped them from the houses. It was in the middle of everything that one of the flock noticed that there were two ninjas at the stone.

By the time we made it to the stone they were gone probably found out that they can't get their hands on it just like that and from the looks of it they came from the south side"

"What do you mean they can't easily get the stone?" Shikamaru asked

"There's a barrier protecting the stone, if you haven't unlocked our kekkei genkai you can't get past it" I explained. "The barrier itself is something like a test to actually get your kekkei genkai you have to find a way to touch the stone while you can't pass it"

"It's obvious that the first attack was just a scouting mission" Asuma-san said his cigarette in his mouth and his shin in his hand "Kakashi and Hideo are handling the two sides from where the last attack happened"

"The south side is where we came from right?" Shikamaru asked to which I nodded "It's a complete open area you could easily see an enemy coming from that side, this sides is mostly forests, what about the other sides?"

"The north side is just a mountain, while the west is a forest than a mountain at the back of it" I told him

"What you thinking Shikamaru?" Kiba asked as he rested his hands behind his head, Akamaru on his head.

"If they're watching us right now they're probably on this side or on the west side" He told us "The mountain side was the side from where they attacked from before, it would be dangerous to watch from an area that is obviously considered a danger area and most of the people would be gone from there" he looked at me at his last sentence to which I nodded in confirmation.

"And like you said the south side is an open area, they can't put any watch from there" Asuma-san said

"Unless they have someone with the byakugan or a way to see for a very long distance they could be hiding in the forest further away" Shikamaru added

"So…what do we do?" Kiba asked grinning confused, I have to say I was confused myself.

The other two sighed.

"We need to check this area they could have found to cover their smells and they could be easily hiding their chakras" Asuma-san told us "We're going to split up the three of you are going to cover 3km radius in that one direction while I cover the same on the other side you done we meet up here again got it?" We all nodded saying Hai "then let's get going you see anyone you slowly get away don't fight"

We jumped into the trees the three of us in one direction while Asuma-san in the other.

"You know you were talking a bit too quiet for how you were acting yesterday" Kiba noted

"Well I'm not that good around people" I said feeling my face heat up

"Without your friends" Shikamaru added making me heat up even more before nodding

"You're pretty cute when you blush you know" Kiba said with a grin while Akamaru nodded and I felt my face heat up even more I probably looked like a tomato.

Akihiro Pov

Hinata shook her head as she stopped using her Byakugan.

"No one's around in this part too" She told us stuttering a bit. It was just the three of us right now. We had split up earlier to cover more grounds Kurenai-san went in one direction and we went in the other, we decided to check the as much as we could and be back in an hour, we still had at least a quarter of an hour.