twenty six

I didn't sleep. I couldn't.

It's currently 4 am in the morning. Lev is fast asleep. I take his arm and move it off of me while sliding out of bed. I walk into the bathroom taking off my makeup and brushing my teeth.

I walk back into Lev's room. I unbutton my flannel taking it off and replacing it with one of Lev's laying on the ground. I take off my jeans and climb back into bed laying my head on the pillow. I watch as Lev sleeps so peacefully.

If only you knew how much I wanted you. How much I love you. How much I've always loved you. How much I want to keep you all to myself...

but I can't.

And that's for the better.

———

I wake up to water running. I don't want to get up. I just want to go back to sleep.

"Oh good you're up."

"No Im not."

"Aubs it's 2 in the afternoon."

"And?"

"And wake up. We need to talk," I roll my eyes sitting up resting my back on the head board and putting my hair into a messy bun.

"About?"

"Last night."

"Lev there's—"

"I remember everything," I pause for a second. So he remembers saying "I love you"?

"Oh," there was a long silence. We didn't look at each other. We didn't speak. You couldn't even hear our breathing. Was I even breathing?

"Well I uh better get going back into my room so, umm, see you around," I say getting up and walking towards the bathroom door.

"Aubrey please—"

"What?! Lev, what? What could you possibly want me to say?" I snap turning towards him.

"Anything," I'm going to regret this but it's something I need to do. I need to end things between Lev and I. Relationship and friendship. It's going to suck and there's going to be a lot of crying but there's no other way to move on.

"Fine. I don't love you. I never did. I just led you on because I thought it would be, fun," I lie through my teeth.

"That's a lie," I could see his eyes start tearing up and it took everything in me to not cry myself.

"Why would I lie?"

"Because- because you- you're... I DON'T KNOW BUT YOU ARE," he yells. I couldn't muster up the courage to say anything so I just shook my head and walked away despite the protesting from him.

"Aubrey. Aubrey please. Please don't leave me," I hear him cry as my back is turned and I shut the bathroom door sliding down it crying silently.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Aubrey, are you okay? Hey, look at me, it's alright," Adrien says holding my face in his hands.

"God, who hurt you?"

"I hurt myself," I say laughing slightly. He pulls me into a hug.

"What happened bug?" he smiles sympathetically at me.

"I told Lev I didn't love him," I start bawling and I couldn't stop. Adrien carries me to the bed and I fall asleep in his arms.

LEV CAMERON

Come on Lev. You can't let a girl you barley know get to you like this.

But you do know her.

I've only known her for a couple months.

You know everything about her.

There was a knock on the door and after I wipe the few tears I open the door. What do you know. The blonde headed fuck boy that stole my girl.

She wasn't your girl.

Shut up.

I guess she never really was.

Shut up.

"Lev we need to talk."

"I don't need to talk to you about anything," he walks into the room shutting the door behind himself.

"Yeah you really do. You wanna know why?" I stay silent waiting for him to continue.

"Because the girl in the room," he points to Aubrey's room, "just cried herself back to sleep because she told you she didn't love you. You wanna know why she did that?" I nod my head.

"She did it for her best friend. And for you. And for me. She did it so I could be happy with her, you could move on and be happy with Piper and Piper could be with the boy she loves. Piper never stopped loving you. She just said that for you and Aubrey's sake. Now she is repaying the favor and breaking her own god damn heart for everyone else's."

I'm in shock. Piper still loves me. Aubrey just lied to me about, all of that? She wanted me to move on? Why? Why is Adrien telling me this? Doesn't he want her all to himself?

"Wh- why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want her to be happy. Sure she'll be happy with me, but she'll be truly happy with you," I think about what he said for a minute.

"But you only get one. Piper or Aubrey," I have to choose? Of course I have to choose.

I've know Piper for longer, we've been dating for since I was fourteen. She's kind to her fans and works very hard for everything the has accomplished and is hoping to achieve.

Aubrey, she's outgoing and nice to everyone she meets. She's not used to being an influencer but she handles meeting fans very well. She's absolutely gorgeous and likes me for who I am. She knows everything about me and has been my best friend. since basically the day we met. I can't imagine seeing her with anyone else.

I think Ive made my choice.