sixteen

I wake up and check the time. 1:57. I guess we all fell asleep. I honestly gave up on that video. I'll just do it tomorrow without boy distractions.

I get up to go to the kitchen to get some water, it's quiet in my house. You could hear a pin drop. I walk over to a family picture on the wall.

The smiles on our faces. We're perfect.

If only people knew.

I'm upset that mom is cheating on dad, but there's nothing a can do but keep to myself. If I don't, our family will fall apart and everything will go to shit. By everything, I mean everything.

I hate spending time at home. It's not like I ever see my family here. No one interacts with each other. Half the time dad sleeps in the guest room. I guess that's just how he wants it to be.

My parents don't love each other anymore and it's obvious, but they'll never get a divorce or split up. That's just not them. We're not a regular family, we're the Cruz family. We're on the front page of every magazine in NYC. We're the family everyone wants to be. Although we're not as perfect as we seem.

I'm lucky that I have other support, like the two amazing boys in my room, but Adrien doesn't know much, Lev knows a little bit I think, but thats it. I'm not one to open up.

"Hey what are you doing up," I whip my head around to see Lev walking down the stairs.

"Cant sleep."

"Yeah I get that."

"That's a nice photo," he says from behind me.

"Why do you like me?" I genuinely want to know. He's still with Piper yet I can sense there's still something there. He sighs.

"Aubrey, you're not like anyone else in the squad. Hell, anyone I've ever known. You have this look in your eyes when you're happy, and you do this thing where you play with your nails when you're nervous. You like me for my personality, you don't use me for fame or use me for views on a picture or a video. You like cme. You're my friend, a good one, you're someone who's there for me all the time no matter what. And to me, that's everything I've ever wanted," I barely even let him finish before I engulfed him in a big hug.

Adrien is amazing but my heart will always be with Lev. He's never not going to be in my life. He's in my head all the time. I shouldn't feel what I feel but I can't help it, I'm with him almost everyday. There's no escaping him, I don't want to. He's there, and he always will be.

"Thank you Lev. I'm sorry, I want to be with you but Piper, she's—"

"You're best friend and you don't want to hurt her. I understand, it's okay. I can tell you like Adrien and it's okay because I trust you, you'll always have me, romantically or not. I'm here for you."

"I'm here for you too."

"Always and forever."

"Like in The Originals?" You knows The Vampire Diaries spin off? I love that show, and The Vampire Diaries. I'm in love with Elijah Mikealson.

"Yes like in The Originals," I laugh and hug him again.

"Let's go back to bed, Piper says she has a surprise for us but I already know. We're going to Hawaii next week. The whole squad is."

"Oh that's fun. I know we rescheduled it I just didn't know to when," I reply while we're walking back up the steps and into my room.

I climb back in bed laying next to Adrien and Lev wanted to sleep in the ground. I don't know why, he just did. So I let him.

I look up at the ceiling and I slowly drift off back into sleep.

—————

"Wake up bubs," That's a nice thing to hear when you wake up. I wake up to Lev standing over me.

"Morning."

"Morning. I took Adrien home cause his mom was yelling at him through the phone and it really wasn't a nice thing to hear," says Lev while handing my a Starbucks coffee.

"We met at Starbucks."

"We did, didn't we? Damn it's been so long I almost forgot," he says.

"You spilt coffee on my white shirt," he shushes me while tackling me back down onto the bed.

My phone rings and I pick it up,

"This is Aubrey."

"Hey honey, I didn't know if you got my text but the Connors are coming to stay with us for the week. They're coming at six," my father says through the phone.

The Connors? No, no, no. I can't have Riley coming in and messing everything up for me. Riley Connor used to be my middle and part of high school crush. He never liked me back but our parents are like best friends, plus he's hot. He's two years older than me and he's coming to stay here for a week? Shit.

"Okay dad, thanks," I say.

"You look worried, what was it?" Lev asks.

"It's nothing," I fake smile.

I don't want him knowing about the Connors, him and Riley would get along great I don't doubt that, that's why I don't want them meeting or even knowing about each other.