Chapter 25

The next few days passed quickly. We spent our days hiking, eating, and talking. I had pretty much already decided that I was going to move to LA on a trial basis, but I wasn't telling him that yet. We had three more days together and I was not looking forward to sleeping without him. I was sitting in the kitchen while he made dinner. 

“You don't always have to cook, you know.” 

He turned and smiled at me. “I know, but I love doing it.” He slid a pan into the oven and walked over to me and wrapped me in his arms. “It is going to be so hard being away from you.”

I sighed. “I know, I don't want to do it.” 

He kissed my forehead. “It's only ten little days.”

 “I know. Do you think you are ready to meet my family?” 

He laughed deep in his chest. “Ready as I'll ever be.” We held each other quietly until the timer dinged for dinner. I set the table and he grabbed drinks. We ate in comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company.

We cleaned up the dishes and settled in the living room. He built a fire and we cuddled on the couch. Kissing him had become one of my favorite activities. His beard tickled my skin, but it was softer than it looked. I had discovered that he conditioned it in the shower. At the moment his tongue was busy, carefully exploring my mouth and my hands were tangled in his hair. He pulled back a moment to find my eyes as his fingertips played with the hem of my shirt. I nodded and lifted my arms above my head. He pulled it off and tossed it away. I divested him of his and he pressed me into the corner of the couch. His mouth traveled across my jaw and down my neck. His mouth was magic on my skin. His hands slipped behind my back and unhooked my bra. His lips followed the strap down my shoulder. His fingers trailed down my ribs as he pulled the bra away. I moaned his name at all of it. His fingers came around to the button of my jeans and unfastened it and made quick work of the zipper while his tongue and teeth played with my nipple. His fingers slid in the opening and rubbed my slit through my panties. I was hot and wet. He moaned with my breast in his mouth and I tugged on his hair. He stopped what he was doing and met my eyes. 

“Be right back.” I nodded, unable to form words. I definitely needed to solve this birth control problem. 

He ran upstairs and came back quickly. He resumed his position above me and smiled. 

“Where was I?” I reached up and pulled his face to mine and claimed his lips. I let my hands slide over his shoulders and down his sides to undo his jeans and push them down over his hips. He took them the rest of the way off. I pushed him to a sitting position and pulled my jeans the rest of the way off and straddled his lap. His hands found my hips and mine found his shoulders. I needed the control he was giving me in this situation. I found his eyes and held them as I rocked my hips into his. I leaned in to kiss him softly and sucked on his bottom lip. I pulled back and trailed a line of kisses down his neck and chest as I slid off of his lap to my knees on the floor. I laid a few gentle kisses on the inside of his thigh as I reached for the waistband of his underwear. He lifted his hips for me and I finished removing them before taking him down my throat. My goal wasn't to get his release, so I took him to the edge before reaching for the condom. I rolled it on and slid out of my panties as I stood up and straddled his lap again. I reclaimed his lips with mine as I shifted my hips and allowed him to slide into me. His hands gripped my hips and my ass as I initiated a smooth gentle rhythm with my movements. He moaned my name into my mouth as I started to move. His hands guided my hips in the rhythm that felt good to him. It felt amazing to me. It didn't seem to take long for the two of us to find our release. I sagged against his chest, not separating us. His arms came up around me and rubbed my back. His lips were next to my ear. 

He sighed. “Sometimes I think I dreamed you into existence.” 

I smiled and giggled. “I keep thinking I am going to wake up from this dream.” I closed my eyes and concentrated on his breathing and mine. I could feel his heartbeat strong and steady. Nothing had ever felt more right to me. Ever. 

He pulled the throw around us and we drifted off to sleep just like that. We woke a little while later. The fire had burned down some and we were both chilled despite our proximity and the blanket. I got up and gathered our clothes. He put out the fire and we went to bed, snuggled warm in each other's arms.