Chapter 21

Seeing the caller’s name kept the smile on my face. I answered quickly. Avi was calling to let me know that they had finished shutting up the cabin and they were headed here to say goodbye. I went upstairs and put on some jeans and brushed my hair. They were coming through the door as I came downstairs. I gave Mike and Shelly a quick tour while Avi brought his things in. They complimented the place and I told them that I would pass it on for them. Avi was bringing in a cooler as we were making our way back to the front door. Mike advised that it was the perishable food they had left. I thanked them for that. Mike hugged me with a quick goodbye and went out to make sure everything was situated. 

Shelly hugged me tight. “I am so sorry if I said or did anything to offend you. I know you are a good fit for my son and I look forward to seeing you in December. Take care of each other.” She kissed my cheek and when she pulled away there were tears in her eyes. 

I took her hands, “I look forward to spending time with you as well.” Avi helped his mom out to the car and we waved them off. 

We came back into the house and Avi emptied the cooler into the refrigerator and the freezer. I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist and I pressed my cheek against his back. He entwined his fingers with mine and squeezed them. 

“Did you know that I love you?”, he asked over his shoulder. 

“I did.” I answered into his back. “I love you too.” We stood like that for a few more minutes. 

He let go of one of my hands and pulled me around him so that I was facing him. He put his hands on either side of my face and tilted it up to meet his gaze. “I have a plan for tonight. Do you trust me?”, he spoke softly. 

“With my life," I answered, placing a kiss on his nose. 

“I am going to need a bit of time to set things up. How about I fix us some lunch and then you can go take a nap if you wish while I get things together?” 

I nodded. “That sounds like a great plan.” He fixed us some turkey sandwiches and apple slices with peanut butter. He took me upstairs and tucked me in for a nap. He kissed my lips, the tip of my nose, and my forehead and told me to sleep well and that he would wake me in a bit. I fell asleep quickly.

I must have needed sleep because I didn’t wake up when he crawled in bed with me two hours later. I barely woke up when his alarm went off two hours after that. He turned off the alarm, stretched, and pulled me close to him. 

His voice rumbled deep and low. “Sleep well?” 

I looked up and nodded. “I’ll never sleep tonight now.” 

He booped my nose with the tip of his finger and kissed my forehead. “Don’t you worry about that.” I snuggled into his chest and he turned his body into mine. He tilted my chin up and gently placed his lips on mine. Not satisfied with the light kiss, I placed my hand on the side of his face and captured his bottom lip between both of mine. I bit it softly and he growled, taking control. He wasn’t rough though, he slid his tongue lightly along my bottom lip, but didn’t push. It was as if he were kissing me for the first time. His lips were soft and tender. He kissed each of the corners of my mouth. He pulled back and met my eyes. I was lost in the kaleidoscope of colors. 

He smiled. “Can I just kiss you for a while?”, he asked barely above a whisper. Unable to form words, I just nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. He leaned back in and claimed my mouth. This time his tongue brushed over my bottom lip looking for entrance and I gave it to him. He spent a long time just exploring my mouth, taking a few pauses to breathe, but always diving right back in. His hands were always on the move, either fisting themselves in my shirt, or tracing lines and shapes on my back. Mine remained tangled in his hair. On rare occasions my fingertips grazed his beard or traced the veins in his neck. 

After a little while he pulled away and tucked my head into his chest. “I suppose we ought to get started with our reward," he sighed. I giggled. 

“You mean this wasn’t it?” 

He smiled, “No, but I hope you enjoy it as much.” He rolled towards the edge of the bed, sat up, and put his feet on the floor. He stood up and turned back towards me. He reached his hand out to me. “Come with me, please?” I reached out and took his hand. How could I refuse? He pulled me out of bed and towards the bathroom. He started the water in the shower and tested the temperature. He stripped out of his clothes so I followed suit. 

“‘Clean’ shower or ‘dirty’ shower?”, I asked. 

He chuckled, “A ‘clean' one this time. He pushed me in under the water and scrubbed me from head to toe and then washed my hair. He scrubbed himself from head to toe and then washed his own hair. He turned off the water and grabbed a couple of towels. He threw one at me and started drying himself. It was like he was in a hurry. 

“Hot date?”, I asked with a smile. 

“Huh?”, he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. 

“You seem to be in a hurry. Like you are going to be late for something.” 

“Oh. I guess I am just excited to get our night started."

I wrapped the towel around myself, “What shall I wear?”. 

He smiled, “I have that covered.” I followed him back into the bedroom. He pulled a bag out from under the bed. Out of the bag he pulled out two pairs of green and black plaid flannel pajama pants. He also pulled out two black t-shirts and two black zip up hoodies. He handed one of each of them to me. “Put these on and meet me downstairs, please.” He dressed quickly and went downstairs. I pulled out a matching bra and panty set and got dressed. I added a pair of thick socks and brushed my hair. I took a look in the mirror, I looked cute and comfy. I made my way downstairs. The sun had just started setting.