Chapter 4

Venus POV:

It has been two weeks since the fight or argument with Riley and I haven't got any text or calls. This might be the longest we've not communicated or the longest he's had this girlfriend of his.

Today is Friday the last day of school for a long time since we have a winter break for 2 weeks but from the looks of the snow falling down from the trees it might be a little longer.

I've always like the snow it reminds me of something that will freeze you or stop you from continuing on in life if you touch it. Reminds me of Riley he stops everything in my life because I let him cause I just want to touch him or help him in this case.

Jax has been to school two times since he has started coming to this school I worry about him and keep telling myself that it's natural extinct to worry about someone that sits next to you.

Well today I was bundled up but I lost my scarf so I would have to go without it today and seeing as my school is write around the corner from my house I decided to walk today with a cup of hot chocolate since I don't wanna be short forever if I drink coffee.

Shutting the door before saying by to my parents I walked down the sidewalk drinking out of my cup as the snow crunched under my steps. I smiled at forgetting how beautiful the snow was and how it looked like glitter when it was untouched.

I heard footsteps from behind me as I sneezed and sniffed my becoming red due to me not having a scarf. I should have looked for it but I didn't and now I'm facing the consequences.

Continuing my walk to the school the footsteps get closer and closer making me panic but not as much so I don't draw to much attention or slip on the ice or the snow that would be bad.

Hearing the heavy footsteps behind right behind me I sneezed and sniffed. Before looking up and seeing all the students looking at something behind me. Turning around I came face to face with Jax's hard exterior with a scarf in his hand.

I looked back and forth in between his eyes and he set the scarf around me and leaned down towards my ear "Next time don't come without a scarf, you get sick easily that way" he walked away with tall strides not looking back.

Turning around and going towards the school I found Riley's icy glare on me. But I don't care he can't boss me around anymore we're not friends and even when we are he only uses me to get another girlfriend and I don't deserve that.

Walking into the school and skipping my locker that I never use I go straight to my classroom and sit down with the hot chocolate in my hand sipping it as I wait for the teacher to get in.

Pulling my coat off and setting it behind my chair I pull my sleeves down to cover my hands as I pick up my hot chocolate that's still warm and drink it. Setting it down I see someone sit in the chair next to me and of course it's Jax.

"Thanks for the scarf" I told him with a warm smile on my face.

He looked at me before sighing "Your welcome"  he said as I tried to give it back to him "how are you getting back home?" He asked me.
"I'm walking back" I told him, he leaned in closer and I could smell the coffee on his breath "Then don't give it back V" he said in addition to a new nickname making my mouth gape open.

I sat back in my chair and repeating the nickname in my head.

'V' I thought to myself.

"Venus"
"Venus"

"Venus!" All of a sudden Riley was in my face waving his hand making me raise my eyebrows in shock "Uhh sorry what?" I said confused as to how he got hear and what does he want.

"Can we talk" he looked over to Jax "in private" he finished his sentence.

"What could you possibly want with me?" I asked a little confused on what does he want.

"The thing we talked about last week in the hallway" he said emphasizing the word "thing".

Rolling my eyes at him I scoffed "your still on that! Me and him have nothing going on!" I said my voice holding me back once again from yelling at him "him giving his scarf to you doesn't look like nothing" he threw back at me.

"Maybe he just wanted to be nice!" I spat at him.

"Yeah like anyone would want to be nice to you!" He said making me freeze and look at him.

Tears came to my eyes as I registered his words and it seemed the whole class had froze at his words "So what your telling me is no will ever like me?" I said as I let out a breathy laugh.

"No- that's not what I meant" he said shaking his head at his and my words.

"That's what you said" I smiled a ghostly smile at him as I stood up ready to cry my eyes out in a school bathroom "the next time you get your heart broken I refuse to be there to tell you I told you so" I whispered to him menacingly as Jax let me out probably knowing that I needed space.

Riley grabbed onto my arm "wait Venus I'm sorry!" I snatched my arm from his grip "I mean it!" I told him walking away and running to a bathroom where ever it was I just let my feet carry me as far as possible.

I just wanted to break down.