Chapter 13

Jax POV: the next day

I watched at Venus slept. I always  felt that her name was out of this world...get it because her name is a- no oh ok.

I went to the bathroom and ran the water listening to it until it got fully hot. When my shower did get ready and hot I stepped into it and let the water fall down onto my body replaying the words that made me sane.

"I need you"

No one has ever told me that unless it was for a underground fight and those people did not actually need me they needed me to win them some money. Yes I of course did get a cut of the money and have been saving up ever since we starting to become a fighter to get away from the people I call my parents.

My parents you could say weren't really parents. They were actually my godparents because once my mom died from kidney failure,
my dad started to drink and do drugs and for a while he was abusive until I started fighting back and that's when he stopped but he is long gone now and I don't see him. For all I know he probably still a drunkie.

My godparents names were Kendrick and Mary. My "parents"were strictly and heavily Christians so sometimes we often argued with my way of life apparently. If you ask me it's bullshit because why would God give us a life and we can't make even live it?

Coming back to reality and realizing that the shower water is cold I quickly wrapped the towel around my waist and turned it off before going towards the guest bedroom cabinet and taking out the toothpaste and using the washcloth to wash my face.

After doing that I went back into the room to check on Venus and seen she was still sleeping making me sigh. Until I got a great idea to go to the store and get her favorite snacks at least she does not have to be miserable during her month.

Walking down the stairs I seen Julius and Riley making out making me lean on the corner and smirk. "Can you at least not do that on hermosa's counter top?" I told them as I rolled my eyes because they jumped apart.

"We-I'm" Julius stuttered over his words making me raise my hand and flare my nostrils "you don't have to explain to me" I told them while they both sighed "you do have to explain to her" I honestly spoke to them making them tense up again "honestly do you guys think she's not going to find out?" I asked them again making them put there heads down.

I grabbed my coat and a mask because of Covid. "You two haven't even made up" I told Riley while pointing my finger up and down indicating Venus upstairs and him "And she's letting you live under her roof? You guys needa really grow up and tell her" I said shaking my head heading for the door before shouting "And don't wake her up!"

Walking out I seen it had stop snowing making me sigh and the relief. Having shoveled the driveway I made my way to my car and backed out with ease.
I pulled out my phone then immediately heard Venus's voice inside my head "I will hurt you if you die in a car accident because of your phone!"

I put my phone back in the cup holder paying attention to the cars  zooming down right beside me.
I stopped by a red light resting my head back against it as my one hand rested on the steering wheel.

As soon as the light turned greened I pressed on the gas peddle making my way to the stole as I got into a turning lane to turn into Walmart.

Finally having and opening to go into it I took my chance and turned making sure not to hit a car and I of course me being a great driver didn't hit anyone so I parked into a parking spot got my wallet and went into the store with my phone.

Once I got into the store I got one of those carry cart that had one of those handles. Walking around the store and getting out my phone going straight towards my notes and scrolling until I found the one that said " Venus's favorite snacks".