Chapter 29 - Me and her

Start from the beginning

He hurt me quite alright but I should have disgraced him like that.

'You still like him so stop playing hard girl and let him explain things'.

'This is not the time to lay blames inner Soma so just keep shut if you are not going to be helpful'.

'You better go after or you may end up regretting it'.

'What is so important about him that I would regret'.

'The fact that you may actually not have a man chase after you like this'.

'Haha! Really funny'. 

'Don't say I didn't warn you'.

Should I go after him? Should I not? Shouldn't I be reading?

I closed my book furiously and placed my head on the table in a bid to clear my mind.

*****
«««««Nonso»»»»»

I bowed my head in disgrace and shame as I left the library. I feel so ashamed of myself.

A whole me! I wasn't even forcing myself on her and she just shunned me in PUBLIC!

Was I been too pushy?

What exactly was I doing wrong?

I should have listen to Abel a long long time ago.

I walked straight to the parking lot without lifting my head, entered my car and released a heavy breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

I retrieved my phone from my back pocket and dialed the only person that can listen to my complaints right now.
He picked on the first ring.

"Hello!" He half yelled and I could hear loud pants in the background.

"Where are you?" I asked out of curiosity as I began hearing whimpering.

"I'm in the middle of an important meeting so talk to you later." He said and hung up.

Important my foot.

I hissed as I drove off with the chances of Soma not talking to me again clouding my mind.
I made a brief stop at the filling station to fuel my car. After paying for their services, I entered the car and started the engine.

Just then, there was a knock on the window.

"Hello." The familiar lady mouthed from outside while waving.
She was the same lady that was at my house the day my father told me not to return hone till I'm done with my exams.

I turned off the engine, winded down and waved back. "Hi" I said and scratched my head confusedly, "Ermmm... You must be my mum's friend."

She leaned on the windowsill and gave a tight smile, "Well Yes. I and your mum are of acquaintance." She said.

"Alright. Are you stranded or something?" I asked.

"Oh no no! My car is at the repair shop so I called an Uber." She explained.

"Alright then." I finished.

"Where you heading?" She suddenly asked.

"My house."

"Ok but do you have time so we can just sit and talk. I can just cancel the ride."

I thought she called an Uber or does she like me?

Nah! That's impossible.

"But..." I tried to talk but she interrupted.

"Oh I don't mean it that way. It's just a friendly meet. The fact that I'm your mum's friend doesn't mean we can't be friends right?" She totally turned the table around.

"Okay." I swallowed hard as I took a glance around my car just to be sure that it's neat, "Come in then." I said and she obliged.

I noticed that throughout the drive, this woman never stopped smiling and stealing glances at me.

What if she wants us to get intimate.

Stop thinking too far Nonso!

We stopped at the nearest bar and ordered drinks. She opted for star radler while I settled for Heineken.

"So how have you been?" She asked after a long silence.

"I've been doing quite alright." I replied getting already comfortable with her prrsence.

"Hmm. That's good." She muttered and took a long sip.

I feel as though this woman knows me before because if not, why would she be so at ease with me?

"Sorry but do you know me before? Because I don't know you neither have I seen you before apart from that day of course." I asked out of curiosity.

She smiled a little and looked at me, "I know. You were just few months old then so I'm not surprised. You grew into a fine man." She replied.

"So technically, you knew me while I was a baby." I speculated.

"Yes." She replied and continued drinking.

"So where have you been? Did you travel or something?" I asked again.

"I was schooling abroad so I just got back two months ago."

"Oh I get it now." I placed my fore finger on my chin and squinted. "My father told me that both he and your father we're business partners." I blurted and she immediately choked on her drink which lead to persistent coughing.
"Are you okay?" I asked and immediately poured water into the spare glass cup on the table. "Have some water." I offered and she collected it from me.

"Thank you." She said as she dropped the empty cup. "Your father said that?" She asked again while wiping her lips with a napkin.

"Yes he did." I said again and leaned closer to the table, "And I bet he was owing your dad some percentage. That would explain the tension in the house that day you came." I stated firmly like someone who just discovered a theory.

"Oh..." She simply said.
I wanted more from her but it seemed she was no longer interested.

"Isn't that right?" I asked again.

"Uhhmm... I have to go." She said as she began packing her bag.

"But why? This was already getting interesting." I pouted and grumbled loudly.

"I wouldn't want you to bear grudge against anyone especially your parents." She said.

"What are you talking about again?" I grumbled as I leaned back on the chair and stretched out my legs to the fullest.

"Do you believe in change?" She suddenly asked.

"Change? Yes I believe in change. Change is constant." I chirped happily.

She stood up with her bag and grinned widely, "I like you already." She stated.

"And I like you too. Let's do this some other time." I chirped and stretched my phone towards her.
She collected it for me, input her phone number and returned it to me.

"Should I drop you off at your destination?" I opted

"No don't worry. Thank you." She declined and left.
I began twirling the glass and it's content while smiling. I don't know why but I just like this woman.

####
Please vote🗳
Please drop your comments 💦
Stay happy always 😊