Chapter 7

"Hyung."

Reminiscing on Jungkook's last word before he passed out, Namjoon felt a lone tear roll down his cheek. After all, he raised the boy so it was natural he thought of him as his own son.

Jungkook's wounds were nursed and they waited quite impatiently for the boy to wake up. He woke after three hours. Namjoon, Yoongi and Seokjin crowded his room and Immediately, he was bombarded with questions.

"Jungkook, what happened to you? And where's Hoseok? He's supposed to protect you." Asked an agitated Namjoon.

"He did protect me hyung. We were all in the house when we were suddenly ambushed by a lot of vampires and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Like, they were literally the size of an Army. And they were of different ranks. Some were Masters, others were Lords and Fledglings. It took us by surprise."

"Where's Jimin and Taehyung? Are they alright?" asked a worried Seokjin.

"Taehyung is fine. Hoseok hyung and I managed to get him to one of Namjoon hyung's safehouse."

"You said Taehyung is fine. What about Jimin?"said Seokjin.

Jungkook's only response was to hang his head low, refusing to look Seokjin in the eye.

" Jungkook, where's Jimin? " Seokjin was getting more and more agitated by the second.

"Jungkook, where the hell is Jimin?!!!" screamed Seokjin as Namjoon held him to keep him from launching himself at the poor boy.

Jungkook burst out in tears, still refusing to meet Seokjin's eyes.

"I'm sorry. We tried to help him but they took him." Sobbed Jungkook.

At the word 'took', Seokjin's knees gave out and if it wasn't for Namjoon holding him up, he would have fallen to the ground.

"Who took him?" Asked a rather calm Yoongi.

"The Vampires."

At the words, another gust of wind blew in and Hoseok materialized by the bed.

"Where's Jungkook?" he asked frantically.

"Hyung, I'm here."

Seeing that the boy was ok, Hoseok let out a sigh of relief.

"Hoseok, where's Jimin?" Yoongi asked. Seokjin would have probably been the one to ask that question but his brain completely shut down after he heard that the vampires had Jimin.

"The vampires took him. I tried following them but I lost their trail somewhere close to the docks. Even with my demon senses, I still couldn't find them."

"How about we take this discussion elsewhere?" said Namjoon, still holding a dazed Seokjin when he noticed that Jungkook's eyes were closing.

Namjoon tucked Seokjin in bed as he finally fell asleep before leaving the room to Yoongi's office where the latter and Hoseok were already waiting. He took a seat beside Hoseok on the couch.

"So, Hoseok you said you lost the vampires track somewhere close to the docks meaning they're most likely to be in a place surrounded by water."started Yoongi.

" Well that makes sense since water can hide a vampires scent."added Namjoon.

"Yes, but with my demon senses, I still should have been able to locate them."said Hoseok.

"You should have but if my guess is right, your demon powers would do nothing." said Yoongi.

"And what is your guess?"asked Namjoon.

"They might have weaved a safeguard around their hideout."

"But to do that, don't they need a witch?" asked Hoseok.

"Not necessarily. They can just walk into a witch store and buy the spell." answered Namjoon.

"We need to find a way to find Baekhyun. If we find him, it'll be easy to find the other vampires."said Yoongi.

" And how do we do that? "asked Hoseok.

"I know a way."

All heads turned to find Seokjin standing at the door.

"What?"asked Hoseok, confused.

"I said, I know a way to find Baekhyun." Seokjin repeated as he stepped further into the room.

"How?" Yoongi asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Have you ever heard of Absinthe?"

"Yeah. A drug for Faes but it was banned because faes kept getting addicted to it."

"Yes, but haven't you ever wondered why faes kept getting addicted to it? Its because Absinthe enhances a fae's powers. If I take some, I can find Baekhyun using the mark."

"Isn't that dangerous?" asked Namjoon.

"Yes, but right now, its our only hope in finding Jimin."

"Ok, so how do we get this Absinthe?" asked Yoongi.

"I can make some. I just need a few ingredients from Chaeyoung's store."
---------------
Sorry for the short and long overdue chapter. I'll try to update again by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Bye.