TIMY 14

"Where are your children, Hon?" Mr.Im asked after kissing the cheek of his wife and putting his hands to her shoulders. He only arrives from almost a two-week stay in Busan .

Se ah shrugged. "Jihyo went out with Jisso as your daughter said goodbye to me..."

"And Nayeon?"

"Oh, the truth is I didn't notice."

"Is she still seeing the doctor? Mr.Im asked seriously.

Se ah sighed. "As far as I know, she's not. And I honestly don't know why-"

"It would be nice then." He smiled gladly.

"Are you happy with what you did, Dad?"

At the same time, the married couple looked up at the top of the grand staircase. Nayeon stood at the top of the stairs as her face formally staring down at her father from afar.

She met his eyes, while her father maintained his composure. His face remained blank.

And damn him for playing innocent as if he didn't know anything about what she was saying!

"What are you talking about, sweetheart?" Her mother was confused by the visible anger on her face.

"Why don't you ask Dad, Mom?" she said while continuing going downstair. "He knows damn well what I'm talking about! And it bloody pleases him to know that he succeeded in his intention."

"Im Nayeon!"

"Don't try  to intimidate me, Dad," she replied irritably. "After what you did I do not know what to think of you!"

The corner oh his lips rose. " When the day comes you will thank me from what I've done," he said in calm voice.

She smiled sarcastically. "I will thank you?" she repeated. "Thank you for interfering in my life? Damn it, Dad! You can't run our lives with your iron hand and force us to dance to any music you want!"

"Nayeon!" Se ah's eyes widened as she looked back and forth to them.

She was raging with fury. Her chest heaved in anger, while her father looked calm and amused despite of her screaming and swearing.

"Let your daughter be, Hon." Her dad turned to her mom and smiled sweetly.

"I can't forgive you for what you did, Dad!"

He cleared his throat. "And why are you angry?"

"Jeongyeon is refusing to see me!" she almost shouted in response.

"So, he doesn't want to see you. What have I got to do with it? And why would it matter if Jeongyeon avoids seeing you? Why should you care, Dear?"

"I...l-love him," she replied indifferently.

"You don't know what love means, Nayeon-"

"What do you know about my feelings?" She took a deep breath and hugged herself. "I have never loved any man in my whole life, Dad, except Jeongyeon. And you have no right to interfere with my life and feelings. You don't know how much you hurt me for what you did..." Her voice broke.

The she quickly turned around so that her parents could not see her sobbing state.

Hell! Why did she have to be emotional and sensitive? Why is she hurting too much? Did she love Jeongyeon so much to suffer like this?

It was her dad's fault! If he hadn't intervened this would have happened. Or was it Jeongyeon's fault? Didn't he love her enough to fight the brutality of whatever her dad said to him? Or did he really love her?

Mr.Im let out a deep breath. "Do you really love him, Nayeon?"

"Why do you have to ask that?"

"Your brother is already married, sweetheart," he answered differently. "And I am glad for him despite the scandal he went through. I know Sana could tone him down. And you?" He smiled and approached her.

She flinched when her father hugged her. She wanted to fight out. But he squeezed her shoulder. And even though she was upset about it, she just let it go.

But he kept talking. "I've known you fall in and out of love just for the fun of it, Nayeon. That you don't consider the feelings of others. And I was afraid for Jeongyeon, dear..."

"I don't understand you, Dad..."

He shrugged. "Probably. But you know how aloof that doctor can be. Let's just say he's afraid of being hurt. Jeongyeon is that and more, dear. We've known him since he was a child and we know the life he went through is difficult."

"Why are you telling me this?" Confused shown to her face.

He smiled in return. "Because I want to know if your feelings now are for real." He confronted her and squeezed her cheeks. "I have nothing against Jeongyeon, dear. And I know he loves you. And now that I'm quite certain that you love him-"

"Dad?" Her eyebrows met. Her eyes shone, at the same time smile is already visible in her lips.

He turned to Se ah in the distance. Then he turned to her again. "We're giving you our blessings, Nayeon. You can ask Jeongyeon to marry you right away, dear... if that can make you happy..."