TIMY 6

"Has Jeongyeon called yet, mom?"

Mr.and Mrs. Im looked at each other. Mr.Im resumed reading the newspaper while her mom poured a cup of tea and handed it to her.

"Are you expecting his call, Nayeon?"

"The two of us talked," she replied as she reached for the peaches. "And another Mom, we haven't seen each other in almost a week."

"And does it matter?"

"Of course it does!"

"Don't tell me you're in love with him?" her mother's eyes narrowed.

She leaned back in her chair. " And who says I'm in love, Mom?" she answered comfortably. "I'm not ready for a commitment yet. And Jeongyeon?" She shrugged. "He also doesn't have time for someone like me."

"Then leave him alone, Nayeon!" Mr.Im casually said without looking at her.

"Dad!" She looked at her father in disbelief. "How can you say that?"

"Jeongyeon is not used to someone like you," he said seriously and laid down the newspaper. "And don't tell me you're serious this time, Nayeon. We are all used to your antics. Falling in and out of love in a span of two weeks... even though you are just playing with the feelings of the poor young men. And spare him from your sharp claws, Nayeon. Leave Jeongyeon in his silence."

"I can't believe this." She seemed to give up her hands as she stood up. "Why do you have to interfere with my feelings as well? And don't act like you were his lawyer! Jeongyeon has his own mind, Dad!"

"Nayeon!" Her mother looked horrified. "Your dad is just reminding you, dear..."

"Oh, is he?"

"Don't use that tone on your mother, Nayeon!" Mr.Im's sharp voice echoed in the dining room.

In a very quick moment,remorse drew on Nayeon's face. She looked at her mother apologetically, then turned rebelliously at her father. But also disappeared quickly.

Despite of what her father said, she love him. Even sometimes her father showed his dominant side. But they all know how to cope.

She let out a deep breath. "I will leave Jeongyeon, Dad, as you wish. But that if when I prove that he can't return back my feelings... Until then I will leave him alone..."

Mrs.Im turned to her husband worriedly. Mr.Im looked up the ceiling blankly.

JEONGYEON is currently studying the medical records of one of his patients with his another fellow doctor when the door of the clinic suddenly opened without warning.

"Hello, Doc," she greeted in her cheerful voice, and kiss him on the lips despite the presence of his colleague.

"Nayeon, what are you doing here?" His eyebrows meet when he asked, least affected by the brief taste of her lips. Then he looked at his colleague who's grinning widely.

"Oh, I just miss you so much." Nayeon sat at the edge of the table. "We haven't seen each other for a week. And I really miss you, you know..."

"I have lot of things to do, Nayeon," he avoided. "And we both have works. I am studying the case of one of my patients..."

"Is that so?" She shrugged. "And I suppose, the doctor here is helping you?"

"Anyway, meet my colleague, Dr.Jackson Wang, also a heart specialist like me. And very popular in his field." He turned to his companion. "Maybe I don't have to introduce Nayeon to you, Jack. Both your families move in the same circles."