TIMY 4

Nayeon caught up with her parents and her grandma Im in the dining room the next day. She pulled the chair next to her mother and sat down. She stared at the another plate next to her grandma.

"Perhaps Jeongyeon was very tired on the trip. Poor soul, he's exhausting himself on the limit." Her grandma turned to her. "And when are you going back to Seoul, my granddaughter?"

"Are you sending me away, Grandma?" she asked playfully and poured the juice into the glass.

"Nah. How did you say that?" She turned to Se ah. "By the way, Se ah, are you two still going to go back home?

"This afternoon, Mom. And Nayeon?"

She looked at her father.

"Maybe you better stay here first while Jeongyeon is here. He'll be staying for almost a month, an extended vacation. If possible, take him around as well."

Her eyebrows rose. "The  doctor is too difficult to handle, Dad, and maybe he would rather be alone than tolerate my company. I might as well leave him alone. Well..." She stood up. "It's a nice morning to spend just sitting here at the table. I will just invite Mina to swim. 'Bye, everybody!" She came out of the dining room without looking back.

THE THREE looked at each other. Se ah shrugged her shoulders her husband looked up. Mrs.Im quietly continued eating.

"That's what you get when you spoil your children very much, Love." Se ah smiled and continued eating. "My children grew up with their own minds and independent."

Mr.Im's laughter filled the room. "Your children are no longer young, my love," she replied comfortably. "And fact is, I don't resent spoiling them too much. They always know where they stand."

"And I'm a mother mother, too," Mrs.Im said and looked at her daughter-in-law. "Well, does she like the doctor? It looks like she's so sensitive when it comes to Jeongyeon. And I'm worried for him..."

"Why did you say that, Mom?"

"You know your daughter, Se ah." She caught a glimpse of Jeongyeon coming in. "Very well, the young man is here. We better change the topic."

SMILING, Jeongyeon entered the dining room and sat down next to Mrs.Im. His eyes quickly passed through the empty chair. His eyebrows met slightly.

"Oh, Nayeon went to the beach. It's pity you did't catch up with my granddaughter. You can surely join her, dear," Mrs.Im said when she notice that he wondered why the girl was not there.

"You can follow to the hotel, Jeong. I'll just ask one the staff to accompany you. Anyway, how's Mom condition?"

"Mrs.Im is fine, Mr.Im," he formally replied. "A little exercise and a good diet would do her good. And in a place like this she will be able to recover well."

Mr.Im nodded.

"And your job at the hospital?" Se ah asked worriedly.

"I'm on vacation, Ma'am. A much needed one." He smiled charmingly and slightly stared at the lady's face.

In many ways, Nayeon has a lot in common with her mother. Despite the age, Se ah's beuty is undeniable. An angelic beauty. Only, Nayeon's face is more mischievous than her mother. It remind him of angels.

"By the way, Mrs.Im..."

Se ah looked at him. "Yes, dear?"

"If you wouldn't mind asking, how was Mrs.Kim? I haven't seen her for quite some time. Ever since I took the oathtaking."

"Oh,Auntie is doing fine, Jeong. She is currently in L.A. with the granchildren. But she still runs the foundation efficiently. And I'm glad you're one of those helped by the foundation. You deserve it very much..."