TIMY 5

From the high part of the beach resort Jeongyeon entertained himself watching Nayeon making sand castles on the sand. The girl did not even know that she had been followed by him.

In some recent days she has obviously meant to avoid him; maybe that's part of the game it says. But whatever it is, he is hurt by the girl's avoidance. Perhaps he was already accustomed to her disturbances. And that it didn't matter anymore.

But she seems determined to ignore his presence. She always leave the house. And according to Mrs.Im she was staying at the hotel wit her cousin Mina- who was not with her at the moment.

He gave a wry smile. Then he filled his chest with air before slowly approaching the girl. The wind was tossing his hair, as well as the shirt he was wearing.
A few feet from Nayeon he stopped walking. He freely watched the girl as she was entertained by playing in the sand.

"Oh, hi! You must be Grandma Im's doctor."

He was startled and quickly turned to the source of the voice. Standing behind him was the girl with two glasses of fruit punch, with a beautiful face.

"And you are?"

The girl smiled. "I'm Mina. And if I'm not mistaken, you are Dr.Yoo, aren't you?"

"How did you find out?"

"Nayeon there told me about you." She pointed to the girl's whereabouts. "Anyway-" She looked at the glasses she was carrying. "You see, Nayeon asked for this punch. Maybe it would be better if you just give it to her, that is, if you wouldn't find my request cheeky. Chaeyoung was about to go home." There was a dreamy kind of glow on her brown eyes.

Jeongyeon shrugged and get the drinks to the girl. Mina smiled broadly in return.

"Now I know why Nayeon fell in love with you."
She giggled softly. "If I had known you earlier than Chaeyoung I'd fall in love with you myself. Take good care of my cousin, Doc!" Then the girl ran away.

He shook his head.

Nayeon? Fall in love with him?

Mina was probably mistaken. He sighed and finally approached Nayeon. Perhaps she felt the young man's presence at her back.

"WHAT are you doing here, Jeongyeon?" Nayeon asked formally. Her eyebrows met when she notice the glass in young man's hand. "And where is Mina?"

He handed her the glass and sat down next to her. He ignored her question. And she wanted to be annoyed by his behavior.

She drew a deep breath. And asked in a very calmed voice: "Why are you really here?

"Is it bad?" He answered nonchalantly.

She gritted her teeth angrily. "Maybe it's not bad. But that's not what I'm asking!"

"Perhaps I miss your company," he said casually. "Do you think I didn't notice that you deliberately avoided me? That's what I don't understand, Nayeon..."

He swallowed. Hurt veiled his voice. And he could not understand why.

She sighed deeply. "That's what you want, isn't it? To avoid you? And I see no reason for you to be severely affected by what I did..."

"Nayeon..."

"Cut it off, Jeongyeon..."

"Have you ever thought that I have nothing to offer to you?" he rather asked. "I don't want to fall for you-"

"Because I'm rich, is that so?" she asked sarcastically and braced her arms around her. "Really, Jeong, I don't understand why that thing is so important to you eventhough I don't asked anything from you. I can live without material things if that is what you are reffering to. I want emotional stability. And  don't tell me even that thing still you cannot offer!"