TIMY 8

Jeongyeon was at the poolside when Nayeon looked for him after she escaped from her cousins. He stared at the water intently. He did not even notice her presence as he looked submerged in deep thought.

She took a deep breath, and stared at his profile for the nth time. The tenderness drew on her face as she noticed his seemingly exhausted look. There was the strain on his face. And she longed to wipe away the weariness off his face.

But she has no right to do that. There were times she even tried to do that thing. But Jeongyeon had always objected politely that sometimes she wanted to embarass herself.

Again, she sighed. There was the in explicable tightness of her chest. But perhaps this was what love  really meant. A few heartaches and sacrifices. She was already prepared herself for that.

She was already lost in the pool of her thoughts so she did not realize Jeongyeon turned to where she was standing. She was only taken aback when he spoke.

"Like to take a dip?"

She shook her head.

"Hey, are you all right?" He took a step between them. Anxiously he raised her face and stared. Concern was visible in his eyes as he searched her face with urgent fingers.

She couldn't help but smile. "Silly you, Jeongyeon! Naturally, I'm fine. You, why are you here?" She looked up at his face, tracing each contour of his face with her eyes while her face was still locked in his palms.

"Did I mention that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met?"

"A while ago..."

"And the most beautiful woman I've ever kissed... and I want to kiss you again, Nayeon if only for a stolen moment..." His eyes dropped to her lips.

She shivered involuntarily. She closed her eyes and waited for his lips to drop to hers. Her heart was fluttering. And a moan escaped from her throat when he finally claim her lips, her slender form imprisoned in his muscular frame.

Jeongyeon bored himself with her lips, as if he never felt sated, drinking the sweetness of her lips a chore  he'll never get tired of doing. But when they felt their need was more than a kiss, they were forced to let go of each other.

"Why is it that every time you kiss me I lost myself, Jeong?"

He guided her to sit on the lounger. "That's not very healthy," he joked. "And, sweetheart, it's not good for your image if that statement comes out in the newspaper. You are still looked up to as a playgirl in the world of rich people."

"Is that it?" She shrugged. "Do they have proof? Perhaps because they have always seen me dating different bachelors, but what is there in a harmless date? I never go beyond the borders of morality, Jeong. That is our family's law. And as for being-rich thing, I don't care about that status in my life. It's always the heart that counts..."

"I can't commit myself to you, Nayeon..." the young man avoided.

"I know."

"I have nothing to offer you."

"A friendship without stronger ties..." he said as if something ringing in his throat. "I accept, Jeong. I'm not asking for anything. I just want us to be close. Even if it means begging for your little attention-"

"Nayeon!" He violently confronted her again; he wash his hands to his face sign oh his desperation. "I don't deserve you... Maybe that things doesn't matter to you. But I could never take you away from the things you've used to grown with. I don't think my conscience take that."

"And damn your conscience, Jeongyeon! I can't accept that you can trade me for your conscience! And don't talk as if I'm royalty! If I have to experience life far from my past I will do it for you! So that I can prove my love for you..." Her voice started to tremble. "I l-love you Jeong...Is it that hard... to accept that-?"