TIMY 12

A confused Nayeon hung up the phone and uneasy went to the settee. She just called the hospital and was looking for Jeongyeon. But the nurse who answered said that the doctor was in the operating room.

Yesterday when she also called, they said he was not there. And she did not understand that. Was Jeongyeon hiding from her? Does he avoiding her? But why?

She tried to calm herself. She was slightly startled when the door of her private office opened without warning and Taehyung entered.

"What do you need?" she asked irritably.

"Don't give me that, Nayeon!" He snapped because his also annoyed. He tossed some folders over her executive desk. "This are not the files I want, Nayeon! I asked those files from you yesterday and your giving me a different crap!"

"Just let my secretary look for that, Tae," she answered softly and closed her eyes.

"Those files I'm asking for are confidential, Nayeon!"

"Then find it yourself!" Her irritation resurfaced. She stood up.

Taehyung hid his anger behind the formal face. He looked formidable standing and looking like that in the middle of the room.

Nayeon smirked looking at him. "If you think you can intimidate me with that look, Mr.Kim, then you are wrong!"

His face softened a little. " What's with the tantrum?"

"I can't talk to Jeongyeon!" she replied with an unpainted face.

"Just because of that?" His eyebrows rose and he carefully examined her face.

"Damn it, Tae! I'm in love with the man! And don't give me that look as if your doubting what I am saying!"

"And what about him?"

"He loves me!" She answered without hesitation and glared at him. He sat comfortably in her swivel chair and watched her through half-closed lids.

She rolled her eyes. Really, how she wished Taehyung wasn't a cousin! Then perhaps, they could get married. She smiled tenderly at the thought.

Why do they all have to consider its feelings on so many occasions? Though he never really wanted it!"

"So, this doctor? Does he love you, bunny? I mean... really love you?"

"What do you want to insinuate, Tae?" she seemed tired of the question.

"And you? Are you sure of how you feel this time? I've known you to fall in and out of love so easily, Nayeon. If you really love Jeongyeon, then what made you so sure, bunny?"

"Don't confuse my feelings, Tae..."

"I thought Sana really loved me..." It was almost a whisper that came out of his mouth and looked away. A hurt look was in his face.

And it pained her to see him like this. "Sana was never right for you, Tae."

"Perhaps," he tried to regain his composure. "Be sure about your feelings this time, bunny. And Jeongyeon feelings for you. Maybe it's easy for us guys to fall in love with women, Nayeon. But you'll find it difficult to make a man fall for you, bunny."

"I love you, Tae," she answered softly.

The young man smiled. "That, at least, is a consolation."

IT had been two weeks since Jeongyeon avoided her, Nayeon wanted to explode. She was always hot-tempered. The nurses who answered her calls she all shouted at them.

Jeongyeon is avoiding her! That was clear as the water. And she wanted to explode if the doctor would continue what he was doing.

For two days she planned what to do. Until she thought of resorting to...

"MORNING, Doc," nurse Yeji smiled when Jeongyeon arrived that morning.

"Did she called?" he asked referring to Nayeon.

She raised her eyebrows while shaking her head.

He shrugged. Somehow it was a relief. But why he seemed so disappointed that Nayeon did not called this time?

"Doc, are you going to your round? Dr.Wang is already done."

"I'm just going through the office."

The nurse smiled. Jeongyeon's feet were heavy as he walked down the hall. His chest was heavy. He let out a deep breath.

Why is he so affected? He already decided and he will stand for it. Isn't this the right to do? Nayeon is already tired of looking for him.

This means that the girl's feelings are not that strong. And her father was right. It would be better to avoid her right now. He could repair any emotional damages their parting would inflict. It will not hurt him much about their separation.

What else can he offer to Nayeon?

Without thinking he picked up the stethoscope. He tried to block away the thoughts. Fortunately, he can immerse himself in work.

That way he will not think about Nayeon anymore.

He visited his patients one by one. And he is to engrossed with his work. The suites of his wealthy patients were the last ones he visited.

And since, he was tired he did not pay much attention to the patient records in the last room. He did not have this patient yesterday. Maybe the patient admitted last night or this morning.

The patient was alone. It was lying to it's side, back to the door and seemed to be sleeping. On the bedside table there is a basket of fruits and flowers.

His eyebrows furrowed. He looked at his record. Only to utter an expletive upon reading his patient's name.

"Nayeon!" he exclaimed as if his head was manned by an unexpected surprise.

The girl turned to him, a winsome smile playing on her lips. "Oh, hi, love!" I have no idea you will be assigned to me. Anyway, how are you?"

The confusion drawn to his face.

She went on. "I have a case of heart trouble, Doc. And you see, somebody told me that you specialize in this case so I decided to consult you."

"Nayeon." The only word he can utter.