TIMY 9

Jeongyeon quietly approached Nayeon's whereabouts. He rested his hands on the cold sill. And like her he looked around the darkness.

She closes her eyes tightly. Damn him! What does this man want? He didn't like any commitment. He wants to be free of emotions all the time. If that so, where does he intend to put her in his life?

She took a deep breath. "What do you need, Jeongyeon?" she asked coldly. "You're here for Grandma Kim, aren't you? So why are you here? Do you need anything?"

"Now you're cold, Nayeon." The amusement in his voice is undeniable. "I advice Mrs.Kim to rest. It's already late. I've been late because of emergency in the hospital. I would come earlier if only there was no problem."

"I'm not asking for your explanation, Jeongyeon, so spare me those!"

"Huh." Jeongyeon laugh when he face her. He raised her face and stared intently.

She swallowed hard. At very quick moment, the amusement on his face disappeared. And she wanted to dissolve in the way he was staring at her. But she braced herself instead of avoiding him she met his eyes.

He smiled secretly. "Did you miss me, Nayeon?"

Again, she swallowed hard. "W-w-hy are you asking me that?"

"Because that's how I feel. And I've missed the feeling of your lips on mine, sweetheart..."

"J-jeongyeon..." Her lips parted.

He smiled broadly. "Hmmm, much better. Now let us renew the memory, shall we?" he drawled in that maddening sexy voice before finally claiming her lips.

She sighed her pleasure, submitting completely to his shattering kiss. She let herself lose control to the oppurtunity while she was in his arms. And it felt really nice to be kissed by him again.

Just as nice as he was probably feeling.He locked her face in his hands, left her lips for a moment and focused his attention to her face. He kissed each and every feature, tasting sweet scent before finally returning to her lips.

When the kiss ended, she just sank into his chest. Her breathing was shallow.

And funny, she feels that all the anger and resentment to the man quickly vanished just because of the simple kiss.

Simple? When she almost lost her breath? You must be kidding, Nayeon!

She was pulled away from his body. A sparkle of mischief was dancing in his eyes. She met his eyes, with the same intensity.

"What now, Doctor Yoo?"

The room filled with his laughter. "Remind me to kiss you first thing every time we meet to make sure your always in good mood."

"Is that so?" Her eyebrows rose. "Why not? I think I like your suggestion. In fact, I really like the idea."

"So, did you miss me?" He asked ignoring what she was saying.

She felt rush of heat in her face. She quickly turned around so that he could not see her reaction.

He pulled her closer to his body until her back pressed against his chest. His fingers played with hers while he was kissing the top of her head.

"So, did you miss me sweetheart?"

But she wasn't his heart! Why does he have to hurt her like this?

"Nayeon?" Impatience is evident in his voice.

"Why do you have to ask that?" she asked softly. Her voice was almost a caress. "I love you, Jeongyeon... and it isn't an issue if I had missed you or not. Because that's how I feel..."

"And I missed you, too, Nayeon..." He lovingly kissed her hair. "So much that you are almost all I can think of. Sometimes I want to smash my head on the wall just to get my full attention back to the patients. You're invading my system, sweetheart... and I don't know if I should hate you for that-"

"Just love me, Jeong, that's all I ask. And as for the patients?" Her eyebrows met. "You can forget them all, darling, bacause I don't want to have a competitor in your attention..."

"Aren't you serious?" His eyebrows rose. "Well, it's true that patients love me... and I mean, the female patients, Nayeon... when they just see me the color returned on their faces..."

"Really?!" She slipped out from his arms and faced him.

Jeongyeon raised his hands in the air as if giving up. He secretly watched the change of expression on the girl's face. There was irritation and insecurities...

He couldn't help but smile.

How come someone like him is able to give insecurities  to someone like Nayeon? When it should be the other way around? Did she really love him, like what she wanted to prove?

Perhaps, yes. Perhaps, no.

He took a deep breath. Nayeon was having her own thoughts, too. And they were both startled when his phone beep.

They looked at each other. He read the message. Then he looked her apologetically.

"I intended to stay longer, Nayeon..." There was regret in his voice. " But there was an emergency at the hospital and I was needed-"

"I understand."

He smiled regretfully. He raised her face and gave a quick kiss on the lips.

"Sleep tight, sweetheart... and stay away from my thoughts..."

A frown creased her forehead. "J-jeong..." Hurt veiled her voice. And a lump suddenly developed in her throat.

Jeongyeon smiled. "Nah... It isn't possible, sweetheart. I'm scared I might killed the patient in operating room..."

"A-are you already my boyfriend?" Nayeon skeptically asked.

He smiled broadly at the same time he turned around. "You can bet on that..."