TWENTY ONE - One Good Day

FIRST POV - Y/N

<><><>

"Are relics this hard to find? I swear we've searched the whole forest." I groaned as I climbed over a log that was about half my size. It's been about six hours since Optimus split up with us, and we were still looking for that relic. 

Addison yawned next to me and I could tell it was taking all of her to not fall asleep. I couldn't blame her, it was almost midnight now. "Tell me about it, why does it feel like we're going around in circles?"

Just as Addison finished her sentence we were right back at the dead end that split us and Optimus up before. I sighed and my shoulders dropped in disappointment. There was no way I was going to go around the entire forest again for a relic. 

"That's because we did." Arcee replied.

"Should we just head back?" Wheeljack suggested, "Y/N has a point, we've searched every part of the forest." 

Arcee tilted her helm and switched off the energon scanner, "And leave Optimus behind?" 

"He'd order us to go back at this point anyway." Wheeljack said, bringing his servo up to his audio receptors to activate the comm back to base, though he paused when Arcee reached up and held the back of his servo, stopping him from activating the comm. She brought his servo back down, holding it for a few seconds and the two bots stared at each other longer than expected. 

I turned to Addison who was trying her best to hide a smile, I covered my mouth as I could sense myself beginning to ship the two. Arcee gave the wrecker a smile and placed the energon scanner in his servo, before turning her back towards him and proceeding to comm Ratchet back at base herself. 

Wheeljack continued to stare at the femme in awe, and then looked back down at us. Addison gave her guardian a smirk to tease him. Wheeljack realised he let his guard down a bit and shook his helm while rolling his optics. I had to admit, this was so amusing to watch. 

While Arcee called for a groundbridge back to base, something bright at the corner of my eye caught my attention. I swiftly turned around and came face to face with the tall mountain in front of me, there was nothing but rock. I raised my eyebrow in curiosity, wondering what I had just saw.

"Y/N!" Addison called, I turned back around and saw that the groundbridge was already activated. I looked back towards the mountain in front of me and hesitated, surely Wheeljack and Arcee wouldn't let me stay here alone, but why did I have this feeling that there was something on the other side?

I walked over to Addison, who waited for me as Wheeljack and Arcee began to go through the groundbridge. "You coming?" She asked. I opened my mouth to speak but I had gotten distracted once I saw the bright light flash in the corner of my eyes again. I shook my head to make sure I wasn't going crazy, but Addison already noticed I was preoccupied with something else. 

"Okay, what is it?" Addison questioned. I shifted uncomfortably, unsure of how to reply to her. 

"Um... Yeah, it's just..." I paused, glancing back towards where the bright light came from. "I just need to check something out, really quick." 

She looked suspicious of my intentions, but honestly even I didn't know what they were, all I knew was that my gut was telling me to stay behind, for whatever reason.

Addison sighed, "Alone?" 

I nodded without thinking, "Yeah, alone." 

Addison hesitated to leave me here, she knew Optimus wouldn't be happy first of all, and I knew she didn't want me to get hurt. But, she respected my own boundaries, and understood that I knew the risks.