1.22

~

~

"Is our Moony on a real date?" Sirius Black gasped. His hair was ruffled, more so than usual, and on his jawline was a small smudge of red. To accompany, there was a long blonde hair caught on the button of his leather jacket.

"This isn't a date." Remus shot back.

"I mean, two people sat at a table in a pub on Valentine's day. Feels like a date to me." Sirius smirked.

Alice, who had turned her head to the side upon their arrival so they couldn't see her crying, shook her head and spoke quietly. "It's not."

"Goldie, don't break his heart like that. Remus is sensitive."

"Shut up." Remus retorted, and flicked part of the packaging of his chocolate bar at his friend.

She made one last swipe at her eyes, in the hopes it would get rid of the red, and turned back towards the trio. "I'm going now."

Alice didn't particularly want to spend anymore time with them. She was beyond appreciative of Remus for being there, even if it was only for a few minutes and all she did was splutter, but Sirius still hadn't apologised to Davey and she was trying to maintain an act. Plus Peter was still giving her side eyes when he thought she wasn't looking, but seemed adamant not to actually speak to her.

James was lingering behind them somewhere too, uncharacteristically quiet but she suspected she knew why, and Alice wasn't exactly in the mood to listen to him talk about Lily for the rest of the day.

She stood up and twisted out of her seat, only to be blocked by Sirius who suddenly looked a little more serious.

"I'm gonna go." The girl repeated. "You can have my seat."

"Have you been crying?" He asked.

"No."

"What did Remus do?"

"Wha- Remus did nothing, I just have to go." Alice shook her head, then glanced over to the bar where Madam Rosmerta was waving at her. "Rosmerta's got my hot chocolate, see."

Sirius stepped aside so she could pass him. "See you soon then."

She nodded and made her leave, only to pause when Remus called out after her. "Tell McGonagall."

Alice just smiled as politely as she could, unbetraying of any other emotion. "Thank you for, uh, listening. Sorry again... Bye."