9

Monday

Once again, Hyunmi chokes on air. She feels like Wooyoung really will say whatever without thinking.

"What on Earth are you saying?" she hisses, face burning beyond hiding. Wooyoung shrugs nonchalantly. "Well we clearly don't have any feelings towards each other, we rarely see each other and when we do it's almost always sexual. Why don't we just continue this? I'd have to spend a lot less nights with others this way too," he carelessly explains.

Hyunmi still can't believe how casually Wooyoung is talking about these things. She wants to scream "no" into his face and leave. That's what her mind is begging her to do.

Her heart says otherwise.

She thinks harder while staring at his face, eyes lingering over the small details, like his plump lips or the attractive mole under one of his large eyes. This idea wouldn't do too much harm, would it? She fidgets with her fingers nervously. She'd also have to hear less of those annoying sounds at night...

"Fine," she sighs, disappointed in herself for making this decision.

Wooyoung's face brightens and a grin grows on his lips. "I didn't expect you to agree! Now that we're friends with benefits, will you sleep with me tonight?" he tries again. Hyunmi raises an eyebrow and can't help but laugh.

"I'll only ever sleep with you if you never sleep with anyone else, for at least a few weeks," she demands. Wooyoung's face scrunches up, as if she just gave him the toughest challenge of his life.

Wooyoung tells himself to think wisely. But for some reason he just feels so desperate when he sees her. He feels like he needs her, and now he's growing afraid that he might need her emotionally too.

But for now, he pushes that thought to the back of his mind.

"Deal. I'll prove to you that I can do at least this much- but are you sure you're comfortable with this? Are you sure that is the only thing that's holding you back?" he checks. Hyunmi now realises that the only thing that was turning her off the other was all the other girls he's always with. Him offering to give that up for her alone makes her heart flutter.

"I'm sure," she confirms with a firm nod. When she realises how much she sounds like she wants it, she grows flustered. "I mean- yes, I'd like to see if you're even capable," she slightly lies. Wooyoung grows determined. Hyunmi giggles at his expression when she thinks about the reason why he's so driven.

"Why are you giving up so much for me though? I doubt I'm worth that much so what's the real reason?" she wonders. Wooyoung blushes and turns his face away. Why is he doing so much to get onto her good side? He tries to quieten his racing heart. There's no way he could be developing feelings already, right?

He has never felt this way towards someone before and refuses to believe it.

"I just don't like losing. Once I get you, maybe I'll return back to my old ways," he proudly announces, flinching at the look of hurt on Hyunmi's face. Great, he just said the wrong thing in hopes of masking his true feelings.

Hyunmi feels a pang of pain in her chest. She mentally scolds herself for expecting too much from the other man. Just as he was starting to become more decent to her.

She shoots up and turns to the door quickly. "I'm glad we could sort something out. Thank you for trying something new, I hope I can see your efforts in the coming days," she finally announces in a colder tone.

Wooyoung also stands up. "I-" he starts but doesn't get to continue as Hyunmi speeds out of the room. Wooyoung frantically chases her until they're at his front door again.