4

Monday

Hyunmi wakes up feeling groggy, her mind not rested at all. She mentally curses Wooyoung out in her head while getting up. The next time she'll get time to complain to him is on Sunday and it's only Monday today. This is going to be a long week.

She wearily gets ready for work and frowns at the sight of her chapped lips in her mirror. Her hand searches through her drawer for her floral scented lip balm and she quickly applies it onto her lips.

Once she's ready, she rushes out of her place. She should probably arrive early today as she still feels bad for leaving work early on her Birthday. Her boss was too generous.

She hurriedly parks her car at the office and rushes in, even though she's early.

"Good morning!" she hears a voice call out. She stops in her tracks and turns to face the source of the familiar voice. "Morning, Seonghwa! How are things?" she asks her bright co-worker, who sits with a large smile and soft light brown hair.

"I'm good, how was your Birthday?" he asks. Hyunmi consciously glances at the clock behind him. "It was nice! I'll talk to you later," she utters with an apologetic smile. Seonghwa nods back and opens his mouth to tell her to have a good day, but she rushes off before he can say another word.

Hyunmi speeds straight to Hongjoong's office. She straightens herself up and knocks on his door three times. She bites her lip while she waits for his response. She hasn't been in his office in a long time and feels a bit nervous.

"Come in," she hears a muffled voice. He sounds annoyed, maybe he was busy. Hyunmi braces herself and opens the door.

In front of her sits Hongjoong on his chair, arms crossed. He looks like he's in a horrible mood and wants to punish whoever comes near him. Hyunmi already regrets everything and wants to leave again.

However, as soon as Hongjoong fully notices who's in front of him, his facial features ease and he uncrosses his arms. His eyebrows raise higher and his mouth drops open.

"Hyunmi! I didn't expect to see you here, please take a seat!" he exclaims happily, now standing up. He gestures for her to sit down on the chair in front of his desk. The girl feels taken aback and blinks silently. How can his mood switch so suddenly?

This is nothing new with him, but it shocks her every time.

"It's alright, I'll be quick," she rushes. She avoids eye contact, still feeling ashamed for taking a break on Saturday. "Thank you for letting me go home early on my Birthday, Sir. I am grateful for your generosity," she formally thanks.

A smile grows on her boss's face. "Did you enjoy yourself?" he asks. Hyunmi's mind travels back to Wooyoung and what they both did that night and her face starts to slowly tint into a brighter colour. "Y-Yes I did Mr. Kim, thank you," she stutters sheepishly.

"I'm glad you could have fun! But please, you can call me Hongjoong," he pleads softly. Hyunmi grins to him. "Thank you. Now, I'll get going with work. If there's anything extra you want me to do, I'll gladly do it. See you later Mr. Kim," she offers.

Hongjoong's face scrunches up. Hyunmi can tell he's about to correct her on his name again, so she quickly turns and leaves his office.

A sigh escapes her as soon as she closes the door behind her.

"What were you doing in his office?" a gentle voice calls out. "Hi Jongho," she greets, ignoring his question with a tight smile.

"What things did you tell him this time? Are you trying to bribe him now? Or are you still seducing him?" Jongho asks with a smug smirk. Hyunmi clenches her fist and tries her best to ignore her other co-worker.