Chapter 21. Escape

This is absolutely great!

The Decepticons knows we are gone. Sideswipe had a worried frown on his face. "Come on!" I snarled quietly and slowly crawled further grouch the vent. "We should make a plan!" I heard Sideswipe whisper behind me. "The only thing I regret right now is taking you with me!" I snapped angrily and irritated.

Sideswipe didn't respond to that. Of course he didn't. "I make my own plans and I don't feel like sharing a damn thing with you!" I snapped. "Why do you always need to be so rude and mean? I am not the boogie man and I know I make mistakes but that's not a reason to be so mean and rude all the time...

I laughed mockingly, "please, Sideswipe! Since you came to the base everything changed... again! Couldn't you stay in space!" I snapped. He grabbed my leg and pulled me towards him, holding me down. "Don't talk to me like that, Skye!" He snapped. "What are you going to do about it, Sideswipe? Cry?" I mocked. He growled and pushed me harder onto the metal floor of the vent.

"Sometimes I am so close from hitting you! You have luck to be a femme! You know that?" He snapped. "I don't even care if you hit me... you're just being an asshole and idiot!" I snapped. "It's not a good moment for now to argue, Skye..."

"Let go of me then, afthol!" I snarled. He sighed and go. I couldn't help but kick him for grabbing me like that. Sideswipe grunted in pain. Slowly I moved through the vents and came outside. "You didn't had to hurt me, you know?" He asked. "No, but I did..." I sulked as I opened the vent and jumped a few yards.

I didn't landed as planned and sprayed my ankle. I groaned, and gave Sideswipe a nasty glare as he did landed gracefully. He offered me his hand but I slapped his hand away and got up, giving him a nasty glare. "Now, you're free! Go!" I snapped, pointing at the woods. "We aren't done yet!" He grasped my hand and pulled me into the forest.

"We leave together! Rather you like it or not, Skye!"

I huffed and pulled my arm free. "We are not going to argue! Not here and not now!" Sideswipe snapped. "We don't have to argue! You can just let me go!" I hissed. "I can, but I won't!" He snapped and yanked on my arm. I had no other choice but follow him.

He eventually, changed back into his bipedal-mode. "The main road isn't too far from here... let's hurry before the Decepticons find us!" He said, transforming and opened his door for me. I have no other option but hop in. Sideswipe can lead me to the main road and as soon as I can I dump hi.

We said nothing during this drive, but I kept checking the mirrors. Starscream is scouting above us,— high in the sky and the only protection we had were the trees and leaves. A loud cracking noise caught me off guard, and so did Sideswipe. An unknown Decepticons for me, jumped out of its hiding spot. Where he came from? No idea but he managed to locate us.

Sideswipe increased his speed. "Can't you go faster!" I snarled. "I am trying! But have you seen the road!" He snarled back. "You want me to have a flat tire?" He asked as I opened my mouth to protest. He transformed semi, using his guns to shoot at this Decepticon behind us.

It affected him a little. Sideswipe reached the main road and took a sharp turn, I nearly hit my head against his door, but didn't felt like arguing about it. With a final shot, Sideswipe killed him, although, Starscream already found us. Again, Sideswipe fired while increasing his speed.

I felt my breathing hitch, when Starscream nearly hit Sideswipe. This isn't a good moment to argue with Sideswipe about the plan or his technique. We are out numbered so we had to be a little creative.

Sideswipe hit one of Starscreams wings. It's impossible for the second in command to fly high in the sky, but didn't make him stop following us. "C'mete Autobot!" He screeched. A couple of shots hit Sideswipe and he was in pain. I heard a change in his systems.

This time, Sideswipe fired on something else. A tree, which collapsed straight on Starscream. I looked in the rear mirror. He's not dead, but not conscious either. As soon as possible we reached the highway.

Driving for hours tired Sideswipe out and people signed us to stop because of the injuries. I had no idea how bad it was. We made a stop in a motel and I walked a circle around his alt-mode. "Oh, so now you do care?" I heard him mutter. I rolled his eyes, "good luck finding your way home, Sideswipe!" I snapped.

He activated his holoform which looked even worse than his bipedal-mode. I stared at him for a moment. "Goodbye!" I snapped and turned around, walking off. "Skye!" He shouted after me. "Don't leave!" I halted and turned around. "Can you please stay? At least for tonight?" He asked. "Why would I want that? You have one minute to convince me!" I snapped. "Because I am asking you!"

I laughed mockingly and gave him a nasty glare. "Come on," he gestured to me to come closer. "Please, can you stay?" He asked. "I don't know... perhaps!" I challenged. He sighed and looked at the motel. "Let's stay here for tonight..." he added,— ignoring what I said previously.

I had to admit, I am pretty tired as well. Without saying anything else, we walked inside and I got a room, which I had to share with Sides. He flopped on the double bed, already closing his eyes. "Can't you sleep on the couch?" I growled, but doubted he had heard me.

He had fallen asleep. I could leave, but I am also tired and something inside me told me not to leave, so I laid down as well, close to the edge as far away from Sideswipe as possible before I doze off and fell in a restless slumber filled with nightmares...