Chapter 18. Sideswipe

I hadn't succeeded in talking to Skye at all two days ago. She was so angry that I couldn't even say one word. It frustrated me and even if I get mad, she simply doesn't care. I rubbed my head, having a horrible headache. I got up from my bed and left my room. Walking over to Skye's room, I noticed she wasn't there. I don't know what she's doing, perhaps training? She does have an injured leg...

I turned around and bumped into someone. "Watch it!" I sneered and pushed the person, only to realize who it was. "I feel hurt... I came all the way down here to see you... and then you snap at me..." I grabbed Sideswipe's holoform, pulling him in the tightest hug I ever gave him. He laughed,-- hugging me tightly back. "I am sorry..." I whispered. He patted my back and lifted my chin. "I missed you, Sunny..." he said. The smile on my face never faded and I happily nuzzled in his neck. "I missed you too, Sideswipe..." I murmured.

I then stepped back to have a look at his holoform. We were nearly the same, except for his hair color, which was dark brown. The shape of his face was a little different too, and he a few inches shorter. "Come..." I grabbed his wrist and dragged him with me. I hoped I wouldn't face Skye right now, I first had to inform Sideswipe. "Why are we in rush?" he asked as I quickened my pace and smashed the code of my room before pushing him in.

"I have to tell you a couple of things..." I said. A frown spread over his face while I pushed him down on the bed. "Nice room..." he said. I hummed and sat down beside him, "there's a female... a human teen, walking around the base. Her name is Skye and she's rescued by Lennox three years ago..." I began. Sideswipe frowned a little and cocked his head to the side, "and you like her?" he asked. "Uhm, well we hated each other at the beginning and then Optimus assigned me to be her guardian. She's a front liner... like us and a female version of me. She's really aggressive, cold, and cocky," I sighed.

Sideswipe laughed a little, "She attacked me the first day I got here...  she stabbed me at least three times... with my own knife. So, I don't think your introduction to her will be any worse but she wasn't too happy about the news that you came..."
He went silent and stared at me before hugging me. "Why would she do that?" he whined. "Because she's the way she is. According to Lennox, it got worse over the last few years at a point they couldn't handle her anymore. No one knows exactly where she comes from but there's a medical file... and we think that there's a big change the Decepticons experimented with her or had human allies who did it for them. We aren't sure and Skye isn't talking about what happened either..." I said.

"She has a scar on her back, which looks like a symbol to me. It's a mystery how she got it, it's not in the file either, and... a big part of her memories are erased from her head. So, don't talk about her past... don't talk about the scar, don't talk about her attitude, don't talk about missions, don't talk about her leg, don't talk Lennox, and don't talk about families..."

"Is there something I can talk about? And what is it with her leg?" he questioned. "A car hit her two weeks ago. Leaving her with a nasty flesh wound. She went to a boot camp only four days ago we got back. It was a disaster so don't talk about it either... you can talk about art, I introduced it to her since she seems too frustrated and angry. Do you want to meet her?" I asked. He shifted a little, "yeah... I am curious about her," he said. I gave a small nod and we walked over to the door.

"I had hoped that you can give her a happy vibe because she's always so negative and depressed," I said. "hehe... I'll try my best," he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. I opened the door of the gym and saw her doing some light workouts. "She's beautiful..." Sideswipe whispered near my ear. I hummed, "pretty from the outside but inside... not always," I whispered back. "Skye...?" She looked up and her eyes landed on Sideswipe immediately. She had a very cold and deadly look in her eyes. Hatred even...

"This is Sideswipe..."

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I didn't like the look in her eyes. Af if she was about to kill me. I decided to ignore it and did a step closer in her direction. "Hi, nice to meet you, Skye..." I said. For a very long time, she looked at me before she turned around and just walked off. I looked at Sunstreaker to see his reaction. "Told you..." he mumbled. The door slammed closed not too long after. "Give her some time... she'll come around. She just doesn't like..."

"Families..." I said. "I wanted to say, strangers..." Sunny muttered. "She feels betrayed..." I said. Sunstreaker laughed at me. "Betrayed?" he mocked. I nodded, "I think that she cares more about you than she lets out... and now I am here, she's afraid that she will lose her anchor," I said in a matter of fact tone. "It's hard to believe, Sides..."
"You are just like her. You can't see any emotions..." I said, hurting him a little but it was true. I am much better at handling and seeing emotions. He uttered a grunt and rolled his eyes. "I'll try later today," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

He sighed and nodded, so instead he showed me around and where I could find everything.