LOSS OF APPETITE?

Anyone can experience a loss of appetite and for many different reasons. People may have less of a desire to eat, lose interest in food, or feel nausea at the idea of eating.

Alongside a loss of appetite, a person may also experience fatigue and weight loss if they are not eating enough food to sustain their body.

Common short-term causes of feeling a loss of appetite include:

colds and flu, respiratory infections, constipation, food poisoning, allergies and food intolerances, a stomach bug, pregnancy, hormonal imbalances, stress, medication side effects, alcohol or drug use

Cooking and eating methods to prevent Loss of Appetite:

🌼Eat small meals. Eating a small amount of food more frequently will not make you feel full. If you eat less, you may want to eat less. Therefore, eating more often may stimulate your appetite.
Prepare food that smells good and looks good. This will make you want to eat more. Also avoid areas that have unpleasant odors as this will decrease your appetite.

❇️Avoid greasy and fried foods.
Foods that make you feel gassy should also be avoided as these make you feel full. Examples of gassy foods are beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carbonated drinks. The goal is not to feel full, but to nourish yourself.

🌹Make sure to eat with people and be social. People usually eat more when they are socializing and meal time is fun and enjoyable.

💫Use a large plate. This technique makes it look like you are eating less food, and makes the task of eating seem less overwhelming.

Other methods:

Exercising. If cleared by your physician, exercising reduces stress and increases metabolism which will increase your appetite.

🌻Take care of mouth sores and other mouth-related problems that can make eating unpleasant.
Have prepared foods ready to go in case you get hungry and can’t or don’t want to cook.

🌟Change your scenery. Going out to a restaurant or different setting may make you hungry.
Try different and new food. Trying something new may excite you and increase your appetite.

🌼Try eating soft foods when you are not feeling well (e.g., pancakes, eggs, casseroles, cheese, pasta, potatoes

Just remember, when you do have a loss of appetite the following things are very important for your health and well-being:

🌼Eat foods high in calorie, vitamins and protein content. Foods high in protein are peanut butter, eggs, nuts, cereal, chicken, steak, meat, etc.  Foods high in calories are cheese, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, etc.

🌟Drink high-calorie beverages, such as milk, Ensure, smoothies, Boost and Carnation Instant Breakfast.

💫Eat bread with meals to add more calories.Just remember, when you do have a loss of appetite the following things are very important for your health and well-being:
Eat foods high in calorie and protein content. Foods high in protein are peanut butter, eggs, nuts, cereal, chicken, steak, meat, etc.  Foods high in calories are cheese, yogurt, ice cream, peanut butter, etc.
Drink high-calorie beverages, such as milk, Ensure, smoothies, Boost and Carnation Instant Breakfast.
Eat bread with meals to add more calories.

Modiri 💕