•34

Black. Everything is black.

Chaeyeon woke up in a place she was unfamiliar with. If she were to describe the place, the only thing she can say is it stinks.

As she tried to remember what happened, her eyes widened thinking that she was abducted.

That time, she was on her way to the council room when someone hit her from behind, causing her to lose consciousness.

She placed her hand on the back of her head only to wince in pain as she felt it sting. The person did hit her hard, huh?

"Chaeyeon.." she heard a familiar voice and based on its tone, the person seems to be just woken up.

"Chaeyeon.. W-where are you?" the person called her again. Since Chaeyeon is still processing what happened, it took her time to realize that it was Eunbi.

"Unnie? Unnie? Where are you?" despite seeing nothing, Chaeyeon tried to reach her hand out for Eunbi, hoping that the latter could touch it.

Crawling her way to whoever knows where she felt a hand touch her arm. "C-chaeyeon, i-it's m-me," Eunbi stutters.

Chaeyeon quickly grabbed the older's hand. It was shaking when she held it. After knowing Eunbi for years, Chaeyeon knows-Eunbi is terrified right now.

"Shh... I'm here, unnie," the younger whispered softly, trying to calm her down.

The two sat up, resting their backs on the wall as they both settled themselves on the cold floor. They feel so tired even without doing anything.

Chaeyeon kept her eye on Eunbi, she needs to make sure that Eunbi will feel safe beside her. She can't afford to see the strongest person she knows being scared like that.

Holding each other's hands, they just keep staring at the darkness. Letting themselves be enveloped by the silence as they hope that someone would come and save them.

As if on cue, the metal door opened. Revealing a dazzling light with a silhouette of a man in front. Eunbi and Chaeyeon both covered their eyes because of the sudden exposure to light.

"I see. So, you two are awake?"

----

"Kang-chan. Did Eunbi unnie messaged you?" Sakura asked Hyewon, a hint of worry in her tone.

"No. I thought she was really busy so I didn't think of bothering her," Hyewon answered.

"But Chaeyeon didn't go home last night," Hyewon's ears perked after hearing what the Japanese said.

Chaeyeon didn't go home. If that's the case, Eunbi isn't home as well.

Hyewon fished her phone out of her pocket. Dialing Eunbi's number, she paced back and forth, holding onto the bridge of her nose.

Eunbi's phone kept on ringing but no one's answering it. She tried it multiple times again but it just kept ringing.

Sighing in frustration, she slumped down her chair. "She's not answering. Have you tried calling Chaeyeon?" Hyewon looked at Sakura. The latter having a surprised look on her face as she stared at her phone.

Hyewon's forehead creased. She stood up and walked towards the older girl. Curious about the older girl's reaction, she peeked through it.

Her heart almost dropped the moment her eyes landed on the screen.

She felt like crying . She continued to stare at the photo, silently wishing that it was unreal.

It was a photo of an unconscious Eunbi and Chaeyeon lying on the floor.