Chapter 84 "Reaction"

Start from the beginning

Johnny:Peter's in a relationship! What kind of friend are you to do that to Danny?! Especially you Peter!

Peter:For the last time Storm, we're not on a date...do you see me as that type of person to hurt Danny?

Johnny opened his mouth to speak but he just closed it. Not saying a word. Bobby caught embarrassed glances from passersby that he nervously cleared his throat with a light cough. Bobby just forced a smile as he spoke with one step ahead of Johnny.

Bobby:How about we talk about this somewhere privately? We're attracting attention...

Peter:No. I have to look for something

Before Peter walked past Bobby, he stopped him by taking something out of his pocket. He hands it to Peter.

Bobby:Is this what you're looking for?

Peter grabs the gold locket from his cold hands, the locket was cold as Bobby's hand but he didn't mind it. His expression softened with a small and faint sigh of relief when he opens the locket showing the picture inside.

Bobby:Sorry if it's cold, I'm still trying to learn to not freeze as many things as I can

Peter:It's fine...as long as it's not damaged by Storm

Johnny:H-hey! I found it and it was my idea to give it back to you!

Peter didn't spare a glance at him. The locket was already put away in the front pockets of Peter's pants. Johnny tightens his fist from raising his voice at him but he just swallowed his words. The smoke from his hair and shoulders had faded away, Peter looked back at him with flat eyebrows with a small crunch in between, his mouth was trembling unable to speak and he glances away. Just looking at him longer made Peter remember Johnny's angry expression that overshadowed his worried face. Sam was looking back at Johnny and Peter from the weird tension, completely unaware of what the hell was happening.

Sam opened his mouth to break the silent tension but Johnny spoke before him. Johnny approached slowly with a calming tone and small smile.

Johnny:Pete let's talk...please? You gotten your locket back so...can we talk now?

Peter looks at him again and sees the hand that Johnny had reached out to him. Peter just took another step back as he shook his head. Johnny's hand slowly lowered with a small frown, he wasn't surprised anyway.

Peter:I'm...not in the mood to talk

Bobby was silently watching as he stood still between the yet again, awkward silent tension.

Johnny:But Peter, let's just talk about things please? I don't want us to break up again like last time...

Sam:...

Peter:...I don't want to talk Johnny...We're leaving, give me time...

Bobby just slightly widened his eyes in slight shock when Peter and Sam began to turn their backs on them. Johnny just froze. Sam looks back to Johnny's pained expression then looks up to Peter, with his glasses in the way, Sam couldn't notice his red eyes. Sam could only notice his pale lips trembling and felt his heart break.