𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 02 : ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕟𝕘

Start from the beginning

"Nii-chan, I passed the exam! I am a ninja now," Misa screamed, running towards her brother in hopes of raising his spirits.

"Congratulations, Misa-chan. I knew you could do it," exclaimed Naruto embracing his sister into a warm hug.

"Now I won't be left behind in the Academy anymore," said Misa smiling at her brother but little did the girl know her brother wasn't happy as she thought he would be. The other examiner in the examination room arrived at the scene and whispered some words to Naruto making Misa wonder what would the man had said in secrecy. Her brother was never the type of boy to hide things from her. He was always forward and open filling every single detail of his day to Misa who always listened to his exaggerated stories. Nevertheless the fact that the examiner had approached Naruto and whispered in something in his ear, it bothered her.

"Misa, I will be going away for a few minutes. Here, you should go thank Sasuke and treat him to some ramen. I will be a bit late to come home," Naruto informed the girl and pushed some coins into her hand before disappearing away with the examiner, "Be in bed and don't forget to brush your teeth after eating sweets."

Misa had feeling in her gut that something wasn't right. Her instincts were telling her that something was surely up with Naruto. He had always walked her home. He had never left her hanging alone before. Left alone, the words she feared the most. Everything related to darkness, being alone and abandoned scared her to her core. Maybe because at the moment Naruto was her world and she was extremely dependent on him. Even when the villagers sometimes tried to physically abuse her, Naruto would take the hits instead of her. Without Naruto, she'd be nothing. She was nothing but a weakling. Misa shook her head denying her thoughts. Naruto probably went to do some prank again or went to see the Third Hokage and apologize for his misbehaviors. The girl then pushed herself along the street in search of Sasuke. Luckily, he hadn't already gone much further away from the Academy. Rather his path was covered with young girls who gawked and offered themselves at him in hopes of getting a chance with Sasuke who didn't even glance at their way.

"Can you hear me out?" Misa stuttered grabbing Sasuke's t-shirt making him look at the girl.

"Tsk what do you want, Misa? I have to go home and cook a meal to eat," asked Sasuke annoyed. He had already enough of girls staring and drooling at him. He just wanted to go home and have a nice, warm bath and sleep in peace. Sasuke however looked at the little girl who was looking at him a bit nervously as he towered over her little height. Had the girl already fallen head over heels for him? Was she already going to confess? All those thoughts ran inside his mind. He smirked knowing that she was no different than Sakura and the others. Nonetheless, the forehead protector tightened Misa's forehead didn't go unnoticed by Sasuke.

"I am really had to thank you for helping me pass the exam. Thank you, Sasuke. If not for you, I wouldn't ever been able to pass it. In order to repay you would come along with me to Ichiraku ramen so I could treat you?" thanked Misa fidgeting nervously with her fingers, afraid that she embarrassed herself in front of him.

Sasuke poked Misa's forehead with his fingers and whispered in her ear, "Moron, you put a lot effort in to the training which is why you passed but since you insist that I was the one who helped you I will take the credit for it. Also, were you asking me out on a date?"

"A date... what's a date? Are you asking me for the day of the month or..?" questioned Misa peeking clueless at Sasuke with her big brown eyes shining under the setting sun. Sasuke couldn't figure out whether the girl was pretending to be naïve or was she actually a naïve idiot. In either ways, it was cute. Moreover being Naruto's sister of course Misa would be dumb just like him which is why she couldn't figure out the simple technique he had spent hours teaching her. An airhead like her, how could she grab hold of a part of his heart? It was something that the other girls couldn't do no matter how hard they loved him or were flaunting over him. Just a simple idiotic phrase by Misa made him want to burst out laughing but no, he had to force himself not to do that. Showing emotions was just like showing your weakness to your enemy. As time passed on after his parents' murder he had learnt to hide his emotions and gradually at a certain point he knew he couldn't feel anything. It was as if his emotions had gone completely numb or dormant. But the girl next to him managed to revive a dead part of him just by existing and smiling.