So he reached into a bag and placed a voice recorder onto the table. One of Jungkook's maids had given it to him after apologizing for keeping it away for so long. She had explained that she had been threatened and Taehyung understood the young girl's hesitance. The criminal eyed the device and shifted uncomfortably, rolling his eyes as if knowing what was about to happen.

Taehyung hit play and so the audio began.

"- should have stayed ... with that no-good boyfriend of his," a voice that Taehyung identified as Jungkook's father stated. The man's eyes widened and Taehyung smiled inwardly, knowing the man would crack eventually.

"...Came here to fuck this kingdom up probably under...words," Junghyun said, "and he thinks he can...and what is there to change? Everyone hates him."

"Exactly, everyone hates him," their father continued, "...so would it be surprising that someone might...angry enough to kill him?"

There was a long silence and Taehyung looked up at the murderer's face. He looked irritated - angry even and Taehyung wondered why. Did he not want the people who set him up to do this to be sentenced as well?

It must be deeper than that.

"No, no I wouldn't be surprised," Junghyun answered followed by a laugh, "if anything, I'd be glad...we can have our...back and-"

Taehyung turned the voice recorder off and dropped it back into his bag. He cleared his throat and straightened his posture before saying,

"Now, I have two options for you: Option 1, you tell me everything and I'll cut your prison sentence down by as much as my morals will allow or Option 2, I turn this into the judge and you will face a longer sentence for lying to the court and hiding criminals and whatever else the judge wants to charge you with."

And so the man proceeded to tell Taehyung everything. He explained how he and Junghyun became associated with each other after one of the head guards introduced them to each other. After some time, Junghyun came to him one night after requesting a meeting between the two of them. There, they had a conversation about Jungkook and then the topic of assassination came up. At first, they had joked about the people getting too riled up and someone just randomly shooting Jungkook, but slowly, the discussion shifted slightly when Junghyun said, "I wouldn't even be mad if someone did that to my brother...maybe it'll scare him and make him leave". To which the man asked, "wouldn't he be dead though?"

Junghyun proceeded to explain that he wouldn't mind if someone just shot him, not to kill but to scare him. It would then make Jungkook go back to where he came from and leave the kingdom forever. The man said that he started to get confused over the, then, king's rambling until Junghyun stopped, smiled and said, "which is why I'm offering you $1 million in USD to do just that along with an escape plan, if you get jailed, we will get you out". The "we" being Junghyun and his father.

The man explained that he was blinded by the money, the promise of escape if he were to get caught, and the hatred he had towards Jungkook - which didn't have much backup to it as he only hated Jungkook because everyone else did. He threw morals out the window and decided to do it.

He also explained that Jungkook's mother had been involved and he had promised to never mention her at all.

She had been the one to find the gun, forcing Junghyun to buy it under his name so nothing could be traced back to her. She also showed the man where to shoot when it was time and had given him the go, explaining the exact room Jungkook was in and what he was doing.

However, it dated back way before the conversation Junghyun and his father had. He didn't find this out until he and Junghyun got drunk one night.