The man behind Jungkook's assassination was already seated by one of the round tables in the room. He was indeed shackled from wrist to ankles and looked less than thrilled to be there. The man looked up when the doors open. His and Taehyung's eyes connected as the new king walked further in and towards the table. All four guards walked in behind Taehyung and took their spots by each corner of the room just in case the man in custody tried something crazy.

Taehyung took a seat in front of the man before taking his mask off and looking him dead in the eye.

"Nothing I say will change my fate if I talk, will it?" The man asked.

"That depends on what you're willing to say," Taehyung answered simply as he studied the man's face.

The man was most definitely older than both him and Jungkook, but not too old. He had overgrown black hair that was pushed back behind his ears and he wore a permanent scowl. He was a well-built man with tattooed arms bulging out of the orange grey jumpsuit prisoners were made to wear. His beefy hands were clasped together in front of him lying on the table, restrained by the tight handcuffs that made Taehyung breath just a bit easier knowing that if the man tried to attack him, he would be met with a struggle.

"I just want to know why you did it," the new king stated as he shifted to sit straight in the chair. The prisoner grunted but didn't answer so Taehyung stayed quiet, awaiting a verbal response.

"Why do you think I did it, King?" The man asked in a mocking tone, a small smile spreading across his face as he noticed Taehyung's irritation.

"Jungkook's father and his brother didn't attend his funeral," Taehyung elaborated, "I found it quite suspicious considering the fact that they are nowhere to be found."

The man in front of him scoffed. "You think someone gave me orders to take out your dear husband? I don't follow orders, King, I do what I want and what I wanted was that traitor to get out of this kingdom."

"But you can't deny that that traitor managed to do some good during his little time here. Furthermore, I believe you were told to assassinate Jungkook otherwise you would have killed him earlier. No one here liked Jungkook and therefore, they weren't willing to protect him the way they once had - you had all the access in the world to take out my husband but just as he starts t show success in rebuilding the prosperity of this kingdom once had, you decided then was the perfect time to take him out. You were under strict rules. Of course, that theory by itself is weak but I have more evidence."

Taehyung slid the folder into the middle of the table before opening it and taking out a financial statement that showed military purchases for the last three months. He flipped to the fourth page and dragged his finger down to a recent purchase of just one gun to which the bullet that found itself in Jungkook's chest belonged. This was also the gun that was found discarded atop a building that's believed to ge where the man sitting in front of Taehyung had fired. This information would be unimportant but the valuable piece of this entire page was beside the gun name just beneath the date where it stated the name of the person who had purchased it.

"Why does this say Jeon Junghyun?" Taehyung asked, "this was the gun you used."

The man stayed quiet as Taehyung moved on to another piece of evidence. It was his last piece that would surely make the man talk. Personally speaking, Taehyung didn't care whether or not this man spoke and confirmed Taehyung's suspicions because the man killed Jungkook nonetheless, and even if there was a person behind the man's act, the man was still guilty and would therefore serve the time. However, Taehyung wanted to imprison everyone who had direct involvement with his husband's murder.