𝟒𝟓. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✨

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jia's POV

I walked past Jake's house to the park in front and sat there silently thinking about everything that went wrong. Honestly nothing went right. Except that I met my father but at this point, I don't feel any happiness because of that. Looking at the window of Jake's room, I sighed seeing darkness but nothing. The weather felt gloomier than ever and the leaden clouds just gave up on turning white.

Or was it just me who found everything depressing. Maybe yes. The park was filled with people yet quiet. A small family. Two kids playing. And a couple just having their own. And then there's me. All alone holding an umbrella extra large than me. Having trouble seeing others so happy, I stood up deciding to just go home.

"Birthdays have to be depressing." Getting inside the car, my father's driver drove me to our house as I swiftly got out of the car walking slowly inside the house. Making sure the shoe wouldn't stain the floor, I carefully cleaned myself and made my way to my bedroom. Throwing myself on the bed, I closed my eyes as the door to my room opened again revealing the older human.

"Dad?" I said out as he sat beside me making me sit up. "Stop being so gloomy." He said out as I looked down not replying. "You can't do anything if he continues pushing you away Jia. You've to move on." He advised me as I shook my head, every part of me was missing Jake a lot. But he just won't give up. Wish I could just stab him and throw him in the trashcan. Too bad I loved him but he just ignored me.

"It's not easy dad. I don't want to forget him. I can't." Emotions aren't a joke. They are real things which cannot be erased just because I want it to go away. And I don't even want to stop feeling the stuffs I feel for Jake. "Atleast cheer up today. It's your birthday. Come on." I gave him a soft smile nodding as he smiled at me. "Tell your friends to come over. They're gonna have a small birthday party with this old man." I let out a laugh to make him less worried about me even though it was fake.

"I will."

-

"Congrats you're older than me now." Minjeong teased me as I chuckled nodding. "Yes ma'am." Everyone hung out on the living room as I gloomily noticed them joking around. It felt empty. His absence continued bothering. Breathing heavily, not being able to stay with everyone, I stood up to go out. "I'm gonna get some air and be back." The guys stopped as they knew I was still not cheerful and just nodded letting me do what I want.

Walking in the silent street in the middle of the night, I felt calm. Even it was just a little I was in peace. But the thoughts of Jake again came to my mind. "Gosh I miss you so much Jake." A tear fell of my eye but I quickly wiped feeling footsteps following.

Jake's POV

"It's Jia's birthday."

I read professor's text and switched off my phone. Sadness went down my throat as I sat up, waking up from the small nap I took. Wish I could be with her on her birthday. Her first ever birthday meeting me. Closing my eyes tightly I controlled my uncontrollable emotions but gave up on it since I clearly was missing her a lot.