𝟓. 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

"I was touching his face.."

I clicked my tongue in embarrassment as Jay looked taken aback. Jake who had kept his eyes close all this while calmly opened his eyes low-key judging my existence. Gosh where the heck is Yoonah? "Oh uh ok.." the guy in front of me seemed to not believe that I was actually touching a stranger's face. Oof dumb Jia, why did I even touch his face? "But wait come here." Jay pulled me near Jake as I stood in front of him in embarrassment. Jake just slightly smirked, scoffed and looked away.

I looked at Jay confusingly as why he made me stand beside Jake. But my eyes widened in shock as I saw that dude grab a glass of water from Jake's bedside table and splash it at his angry friend's face. Shit. I turned my head to look at Jake who was shocked by the sudden encounter with water and then opening his eyes I noticed something different.

His eyes weren't black, but blue. Flaming blue. "Jay..." His dark voice called out as Jay ignored his eye contact. Not moving a bit from their direction the two boys remained frozen until I felt Jay slowly holding his throat. "J-jia t-touch him," he struggled to breathe as my heart started beating due to the sudden sight of Jake's powers. Looking at Jake I found him clutching his bedsheets tightly.

No way.

He was indirectly choking his friend. And his blue orbs were proving that he was under control at the moment. I hesitated to touch him. Because I wasn't sure if it'd work or not. It was dangerous. Very dangerous since if my prediction came true, then it's probably my last day on earth. I looked at Jay whose face completely turned numb as he was backing away still trying to breath. "P-please.."

I couldn't just let him die like that so instead of contemplating with my own thoughts, I quickly went closer to the boy with blue eyes and hold the hand, that was clutching on to the sheet, tightly as my brown eyes met his blue eyes. Our faces were just a few inches away and I felt my heart hurting as our skins contacted with each other. Does this mean me touching him is probably off no use? My heart was on fire at this point and I wasn't able to hold any longer but before I let go, I gasped in shock.

His eyes slowly turned back to its normal colour.

His before angry eyes which were now innocent stared deep into my orbs as mine did the same. I felt my heart coming back to its normal pace as I could no longer hear Jay screaming from behind me. But he was coughing and choking in thin air. I wasn't paying attention to that rather my eyes stared down at the boy's innocent ones. And I felt that they were filled with pain, guilt and sadness.

"It's your touch." Jay struggled to breathe as he stood up still unsure of his path and made his way near us as I came back to earth. Gulping I let go off Jake's hand and looked away breaking our deep eye contact. He also seemed fluster and looked away wiping his wet face and then glared at Jay. "Ok fine sorry, I just needed to know if what I was thinking was right or wrong."

"But if it wasn't right then you would have died." Aww he cared for his friend. My face softened a bit seeing his soft side for his friend as Jay sighed before chuckling. "Boy I've been with you for the past 15 years. I survived somehow and I'll keep surviving." He mocked as I kept a smile on my face. Atleast Jake wasn't emotionless when he was calm. Which is the opposite of what happens when he was angry. My hands were still trembling as I tried stopping my heart from shivering.

But it wasn't easy. It wasn't something I saw everyday and maybe I've to keep up with this for a long time now. "Get lost. I want to rest." Threatening his friend, Jake eyed me as I moved back wanting to get out of the room. But the steps were really slow. Obviously cuz these things affect me a lot and I was at the state where I knew I'd have combusted. "Stop."

Feeling I'd be buried alive any moment I froze at my position hearing Jay's command as he walked up to me. "Stay here." He said leaving the room while closing the door as I just stood there questioning my existence while staring at the white wall. Why the heck did Jay want me to stay in that room when clearly his friend's eyes told me to get out.

I felt the unique human snap from behind me as the door opened in front of me startling me a bit. Not a bit but a lot. "Go." His voice sent shivers down my body as I quickly walked out of the room. Oof I could have just opened the door myself and walked out but no, my dumb brain decided to freeze. Going down the stairs I saw Jay and Yoonah talking while eating. "Jia are you alright?? That Jake dude didn't hurt you right?" Yoonah panicked as I shook my head telling her it was all okay.

"Oh gosh I wanted you both to interact." Jay whined as I glared at him wrapping my arms around myself. This was all so confusing. I could feel my brain cells leaving my brain due to so many things happening in one day. "Sit here. I can already see how troubled you look." Jay softened his tone as I sat down in exhaustion.

"So since you're going to be with him most of the time, maybe I should give you some tips." He said out as I mentally groaned. With hands on my head I listened to what he said while eating the jelly sandwich he offered to us.

"Jake has been leaving this life before he even turned 1. Tragic. I know. But none of us can help him. Except you. So please help him." Pleading for my help, I felt my generous heart soften as I thought for a minute. I felt bad for Jake. Really bad. I still couldn't forget the emotions his eyes showed. But I didn't know. Was helping him the best decision?

Maybe yes. Well that's what I was going to do for the time being. Nodding, he showed me a relaxed smile before continuing but I stopped him midway as a question arose in my mind. "Wait Jay. I am confused. His eyes. They were blue." With furrowed eyebrows I ignored my friend who was poking me since she had no idea what I was talking about. Looking attentively at Jay, I waited for him to answer. "His blue eyes appears when he is under control by the anger inside him and.." he took a deep breathe before finishing the sentence.

"Eye contact with those blue flames means inviting death."

| | • • • • • | |

I mistakenly deleted wattpad today and all the books that I was storing in my library to read later, all of them vanished from my library please I'm so sad :(