𝟗. 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Almost a week past by now and still no progress. I hardly get to see Jake. Seems like he hasn't been getting in much fights or I'm just too outdated to notice that. How would I even notice him? I still can't figure out how he stays hidden in school. I rolled around my bed sighing since I had nothing to do and weekends were boring than anything else nowadays. And here I was thinking my life would get interesting. "Why not go on an adventure?" I said to myself as the idea clicked on my head. And the next moment I was all ready to go see the famous Han River.

Locking the door, I contemplated with my thoughts about where to go at first. I came out of my thoughts as my phone started ringing showing that Jay was calling me. "Hello-" I got cut off by him right the moment I picked up the call. "Hey Jia, sorry I'm a bit busy but could you see what Jake is up to? Thank you very much. I'll text you what else to do, bye." With that he cut the call as I almost cursed at him. 'This guy is annoying.' I thought before groaning since my unknown plans got cancelled. Looking towards Jake's house's direction, cold sweat passed down me when the thought that he might throw me in thin air came to my mind. What if he actually kills me today?

I rang the bell of his luxurious house and waited for it to open but no answer.

Another ring. Still no answer.

Is he alive?

I turned around the doorknob to only see the door open. Careless. Very careless. But not like a thief can do anything to him so understandable. The house was dark with all the lights off. The daylight outside was the only ray I could see. I slowly made my way with the hope that the guy would be calm or just sleeping and like I expected he was sleeping on the couch in his outdoor clothes. Small snores were heard from him as I smiled a bit seeing the feisty boy so calm.

"He probably didn't eat anything," with a low tone I moved around the house. To his kitchen to be specific in order to cook something. And he had only one pack of ramen in his expensive kitchen. Great. Guess you're just eating ramen angry boy.

I placed the hot pot on the counter before clearing up the place. "What are you doing?" Startling cuz if the sudden voice I turned around meeting his eyes. Gulping I looked down before hesitatingly saying out, "I made you ramen." I pushed the pot towards him quickly as he just looked at it with his emotionless eyes. "Get out." I was surprised when he took the pot with him and sat on the couch. Ignoring what he just told me to do, I excitedly ran over to the couch sitting on the single couch as he eyed me.

"The heck are you doing? I told you to get out of here."

"Why so rude?" Shit. Why did I even say that? More like how could I even say that. What if he decides to abolish me now? No no think positively Jia. Biting my lips I looked down as he glared at me. "I-I'll go after you eat.." He aggressively sighed before grabbing the hot pot. Doesn't it hurt his hands? About to slurp the ramen he immediately backed away throwing the pot violently in the table making me flinch. "Agh." He touched his lips.

I worriedly went closer to him catching him off guard. Slightly touching his lips, I checked if it was bruised or not cuz he legit almost ate fire back there. And thankfully it wasn't burnt but was still red. Feeling a bit bad for his childishness, I slowly blew air eyeing his lips without caring what he was thinking. "Why would you even try to eat it without blowing at first?" With the attempt of scolding him slightly I looked up at him eyes which staring at mine.

And then I realized how close we were.

I finally saw his ethereal face making my heart skip a beat. Then I felt a sudden volume of air push me hard as I fell on the couch. He actually threw me in the air this time. I sat there on the hard concrete slightly rubbing my butt while groaning before looking at his with my frowned eyes. "Why do you always have to push me?" I complained as he ignored me standing up and was going to his room before I stopped him. "Don't ignore me Jake." Wow I sound like an obsessive ex.

He pushed my hand away now looking at me. Scoffing lightly he looked away without starting to walk. This dude is unbelievable. I was about to grab his arms again when he took sudden action pulling me as I lost my balance and harshly hit my back against a wall. More like he pinned me against it. My scared orbs met his dark ones as I blink millions of times while gulping. He just stared at me with no emotion. My heart was beating so fast at how close we were at the moment.

Just don't kill me.

I prayed and tried to stop myself from trembling. I took a deep breathe before looking at him again but this time with confident eyes. He didn't do anything just tilted his head slightly furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Aren't you scared of me?"

He asked as me with his deep tone as I felt adrenaline rush through my blood.

"No." I lied confidently while staring back at his confident dark orbs. And I could tell he was amused by my response. He came even closer decreasing the distance between us as I felt my feet almost giving up. Why am I so scared of him? He can't do anything to me. Yes he can't do anything at all to you Jia.

"Even though you know I can kill you any moment?" With a smirk on his mouth he said out the line. His hot breathe tickled my neck and I was low-key about to cry. He's just like any other human being. Just a little bit angry. That's it. My acting of being not afraid of him was making him curious but I wouldn't budge and give up. And so I gave him an answer.

"You could have killed me the moment you saw me and that day too. But you didn't. Why?" Well not really an answer but I questioned him instead at which he just raised one of his eyebrows. Looking away, not being able to answer he let go of me as I finally breathed again. I looked up to see him but he was gone by that time. Slowly losing my legs I fell on the floor and caressed my heart trying to calm down.

"Why does he have to be so intimidating?"

| | • • • • • | |

Ok this chapter was much better than the last few ones, phew 😓

Also Crazy Over You hit 20k reads 😭😭😭 thank you all so much 😫