𝟏𝟓. 𝐈𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jake's POV

I awkwardly roamed around the hallway trying to avoid Jia as much as possible. On top of that the nightmare still continued to haunt me. My headache added up to all this. So in conclusion, I was having a horrible day where I myself was angry. Scared that someone might mess up with my mood, I kept my distance from everyone being invisible for the day. Closing the door of my locker I slowly made my way to the rooftop with the intention of skipping the next class.

Sitting on the edge of the roof I sighed heavily thinking about none other than life. Painful indeed. It almost feels like my existence is painful for others. It is actually. Looking down I breathed the fresh air calming myself a bit. But did it work? No. I felt the door of the roof open causing me to look behind in annoyance. "I knew you'd be here skipping classes like always." My eyes furrowed seeing Jay enter with a cheesy smile on. "What happened scary boy?" He was teasing me but that wasn't helping to lighten the mood at all.

"Not now Jay."

I looked away from the older boy concentrating on the blue sky again. "What?" He came closer sitting beside me as I annoyingly sighed moving away a bit. I needed space and some time alone. But Jay wasn't letting me do it. Maybe telling it to him would lighten my heart. But what should I tell him at first. The nightmare or there Jia caught me crying. "I had a nightmare." I slowly said out as Jay sighed in all seriousness. "I thought you had told me your nightmares stopped." Then I remembered that I had actually lied to him about that. He breathed heavily. "Don't lie in front of me Jake." Not wanting to stay there I grabbed my backpack and got up walking away from him while he stood there dumbfounded but stopped me.

"I'm okay Jay." I pushed him away slightly walking ahead. "Stop being so emotionless Jake. If it's painful then just let it out." I furrowed my eyes looking at him. Who is he to order me? No one. "I don't have to listen to you." I coldly said to him to which he clicked his tongue scoffing. "Jake don't be so hard on yourself. You're a human being-" His words made my head ache in pain as I shouted angry. "Shut up Jay. Don't pretend like you think of me as someone normal. If you did, you'd have never brought that girl over." Breathing quickly I felt my heart rapidly beat as Jay looked at me in shock. "Please I'm just trying to help you Jake. Why are-"

"I don't need anyone's help." With that I was about to walk away when his next words made me froze on my place. "Jake you do know that you're a failed experiment. It isn't your fault but you do need help-" I violently went up to him punching him causing his lips to bleed. He stated at me before touching his bloody lips. I was furious. He used my weakness against me.

I felt my headache nearly tear off myself as I approached him with hesitating yet powerful steps. Hesitant cuz I knew the rare orbs would come out. Powerful cuz I wasn't able to control it from coming. He looked at me in horror before ignoring my contact. Oh no. I wasn't able to control myself as I felt crouching down to Jay's level harshly making his eyes meet mine before a scoff came out of my mind.

"I'm pathetic. I know that. You didn't have to remind it me." Smirking I eyed his neck before my hands reached out to them. "Jake no-" He unknowingly looked at my death stare as I took the chance and tightened my grip around his neck. In other words I was strangling him. No.. stop Jake... Something inside me was saying something but I was too busy killing the normal human in front of me.

Stop Jake...

Don't be the monster everyone called you...

These voices were making me angry. Very angry. I looked at the guy who was coughing blood now with teary eyes. His position was satisfying. But I wanted to more. He tried to defend himself but he was nothing in front of me. "J-Jake.." he struggled to call out to me. But I didn't care. I'm gonna kill him.

If nobody stops me.

Jia's POV

"Please why would Jay ask us to go to the rooftop in the middle of the class." I lazily walked up the stairs as MinJeong pushed me from the back to move quickly. Jay had texted her to come to the rooftop. The both of us. "That handsome boy must be upto something." Minjeong put out a funny remark as I chuckled a bit finally reaching the top floor. The door was closed. Pushing the door open I gasped widening my eyes at the sight.

There stood Jake while Jay was on the floor. Jake was strangling him. Minjeong lightly shouted out in fear. "Oh freak Jake stop!" She made her way towards Jake only to get pushed by his string strength, causing her to fall. She looked at me while I shivered in pain at the scene. Jay's mouth was bloody as his eyes slowly closed. Abruptly I hurried to Jake and grabbed him tightly by his shoulder as a burning sensation made its way to my heart causing me to back away slightly. But I moved towards him again and pushed him harshly with all my strength. Jake fell behind slightly shocked while me and Minjeong made our way towards Jay.

"Hey are you okay?" I worriedly said out getting no response from Jay. He just stayed there with closed eyes while his breathing slowed down.

Jake's POV

I fell on the hard floor as Jia's light touch caused my anger to fade away and come back to reality. I looked in front of me to only see the two girls surrounding Jay. I eyed the boy who was lying emotionlessly with blood all over his body. And that's when it clicked me. I hurt him. I almost killed him. My widened eyes just stared in front not having a clue on what to do. How could I do this?

"Call the hospital!" Jia looked back shouting at me as I hesitated a bit but hurriedly took out my phone calling an ambulance. My hands were shivering and so was my heart. I carried Jay downstairs and I could feel his low breathe. He was unconscious. Or was he dead? No he can't be dead. He won't be, right? The doctors all gathered around him checking his injuries before taking him inside the operation theatre.

"His neck looks bad." I heard one of the doctor say before going inside the room locking the door. My entire body was trembling in fear. I was scared. I can't possibly lose him. He was my one and only friend..

What have I done?

| | • • • • • | |

Rip jay

Also guys I'm using Minjeong just as a name. I'm not referring it to aespa's Winter 😫 even tho her real name is that

And I didn't notice this book hit 1k??? In 10 days? Crazy over you hit 1k in like 1 month 🙈😳