Chapter 16 ~ The Truth revealed

As the next day approached amelia was sleeping peacefully in her room until the door opened up shadow entered with a tray of breakfast setting it down on the table he walked over to her then stroked her cheek softly amelia groaned softly then opened her eyes and sat up stretching with a big yawn then rubbed her eyes "good morning sleeping beauty i brought you some breakfast" he said as he spoke softly amelia looked over then at her brother smiling softly as he picked it up then brought it over to her and finally placed it on her lap. Amelia picked up the fork and knife which was on the tray as well as she began to eat shadow smiled at her then he walked to the window amelia then stopped eating she then looked at shadow wondering if he was okay "shadow are you okay?" but he did not reply as he continued to look out of the window amelia placed the tray down next to her then got out of bed wearing purple nightgown with a white ribbon in the middle she walked over then hugged him tightly "you can tell me you know" she said softly as shadow looked at her with a smile then let out a small sigh "that city they took you to i..i was being used as a test subject" he said as he looked down then gripped his fists amelia noticed then softly placed her hand on one of his shadow then looked at her again he turned around and hugged her close and tightly hoping not to lose her amelia hugged him back until there was a knock on the door then it opened up as calem entered the room then cleared his throat wearing what looked like a captian army suit shadow also amelia looked over to him as both slowly stopped hugging each other "imuoto-chan you know you should rest more" he said to her with a soft smile "but oni-chan i have rested long enough" she said calem then walked over and hugged her tightly while looking at shadow with a cold stare "i need a word with you" he said as he continued to hug amelia then he let go and kissed her forehead as he walked out with shadow following him amelia sighed softl as her door was shut she sat down on the bed. As both continued to walk in the hallway calem stopped then turned to shadow "i don't know who you are for real but i need you to protect amelia for me i know your not her brother you think she thinks your her brother but your not you were serving the royal family as their guardian to amelia i should know because i was there on the night when it happened when our family were killed" he said as he looked down,then all of a sudden he heard a tray fall to the ground calem looked up as shadow turned around seeing amelia in shock she was wearing a white short sleeve blouse,black leggings,white socks and brown leather flat heel boots "s..s..so its not true.." she said as tears fell down her cheeks "amelia..i am sorry i should have told you sooner..but..i" before he could finish amelia then turned around and ran off crying as he wanted to follow her but dante stopped him "let her be calem until she has calmed down alright" he said softly as calem looked at him and nodded softly,dark who was returning back from the library he saw amelia run past him he began to think that did something happen to make her upset noticing shadow he stopped him "hey shadow what happened i saw amelia running through here" he said without explaining shadow continued to run after amelia as dark sighed softly and headed back to his room once amelia ran out into the garden not seeing where she was running she tripped and nearly fell to the ground but shadow managed to grab her then pulled her close and hugged her tightly as she cried into his chest and gripping his shirt. 

A few hours later shadow was in calem's office with amelia,dark and dante calem looked at his sister with sadness "i am sorry sister that i kept it from you..its just that i-" before he could finish his sentence amelia spoke "y..you said shadow was my brother..b..but it was a lie and our parents our real parents.." tears fell down her cheeks "amelia our parents who adopted us were not our real parents.." he said as he looked down with sadness "w..why didn't you tell me!" she yelled shadow then stepped in "its because he was protecting you amelia and your the only heir to the royal family not your brother" he spoke softly amelia looked at calem then at shadow and was about to leave the room but she stopped as she looked down in sadness and anger but to be honest she couldn't walk away slowly amelia turned around then walking over to him she hugged him tightly calem's eyes widened as he felt his sister's hug then tears fell down as he hugged her back but tightly then began to stroking her hair. All of a sudden the double doors burst open as one soldier came rushing in panting heavily "s..sir we have bad news" he said calem looked at him "what is it?" he asked as the soldier went quiet then looked at calem again "the enemy are beginning to march towards us and they are planning to attack" calem all of a sudden let go off amelia "prepare the army!" he said as the soldier saluted then ran out of the room amelia looked at her brother "what is going off calem" as she asked her brother who didn't say anything he then handed the lift key to shadow "i want you to take amelia to the safe room which is located on the basement floor" he said as shadow took the key and nodded,calem looked at amelia then kissed her forehead "be safe my dear sister" he said as she then left the room with shadow,dante and dark tears falling doing what shadow was told they reached the lift,as they got in shadow used the key to the lift as it doors closed then it went down passing the 2F and 1F then finally it reached the basement level all four then walked out of the lift once the door was open seeing a luxurious room with four beds,table with chairs and a couch with a fire place but there was no windows what so ever then the lifts door closed and sealed its off as the safety mechasim which only goes off if the base is going to be under attack always seals its safe so no enemy can acess it amelia walked over to the couch then sat down as she gripped her locket tightly dante and kaji walked over then sat down on the bed thinking as shadow walked over to amelia he sat down next to her then hugged her close as the fight outside has began.Amelia knew that the war has began and she began to wonder if her brother calem will survive the fear of losing her brother her only one family got to her badly that she began to cry  dante and kaji both gotten up from the bed then walked over and hugged amelia tightly as shadow was hugging her tightly as well also stroking her hair trying to calm her down once she was finished crying she was sleeping peacefully with her head on shadow's chest as kaji got up then picked up amelia in his arms then carried her to the bed and placed her down dante then came over and removed her shoes as he pulled the cover on her shadow watched with sadness on his face then stared at the ceiling thinking to himself and sighed softly he then gotten up and headed to the lift but stopped as dante called out to him "shadow where are you going" shadow turned around as the lift door opened up "going to help calem" he said as he gotten into the lift then the lift's door closed and the lift headed up to the 1F as it gotten to the top the lift door opened up as he ran out and headed outside where he could see Calem and the enemy captian fighting each other in close combat with him using their swords.