40 | mixed signals

❝ 𝑮𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒗𝒆
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 ❞

𝑷𝒊𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒂

* * * * * * *

T H E A

After an emotional morning, I now nestled among my rather comfortable bed covers with Rex sat beside me, snoring like the pig he is.

Myla left for the airport about an hour ago and I think it's safe to say I'm already suffering from being away from her. She's really just like the sister I never had and I miss her when she's not around.

Hopefully she'll come back to visit again soon. I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who craves her return.. bless Jacey and his little crush.

Well.. I guess I'm hardly one to talk.

My phone vibrates and I glance down to see a text from Ricky.

Hey, you free later?

Rolling over in the bed, earning a dramatic whine from Rex as he rolls onto his back, his tongue practically hanging out of his mouth. That dog.

I begin to type out a reply, trying to decide whether or not I actually want to be free later or if I'd just prefer to stay in bed.

Yeah, what time?

I hit send and close my eyes, waiting for his response.

Whenever you want. I can
come get you at 5ish?

I stare at the message and groan. Do I really want to move from my comfortable, warm bed and socialise? Not really.

Yeah, sounds good :)

What? I exactly can't be a bad friend.

I check the time and realise that I have four hours to burn before Ricky will get here so I close my eyes and snuggle into the bed sheets, hoping to have a nice long nap, when suddenly my phone begins to ring.

Myla's trying to FaceTime me so I swipe the call through, watching as her face loads on the screen. "Hey," I say and she smiles back at me, appearing to be in her room also.

"Hey," she replies distantly, as though there's something on her mind.

"Is everything okay?" I ask with furrowed brows and her smile turns to a grin, peaking my curiosity even further.

"I'm going to tell you something but promise me you won't freak out." She replies and I nod, wondering what she could possibly have to say. "I kind of.. lost my virginity last night," she mumbles, almost low enough for me not not even hear it. But best believe me I fucking hear it all right.

"You what?! I thought you already lost it!" I yell and she presses her lips together, covering her face with her hand.

Removing her hand and placing it underneath her chin for support, she chews on the inside of her mouth, clearly embarrassed. "No.. I almost did with Arron but when it came to it, I freaked out and we never did it." She explains and my eyes are still as wide as saucers, completely stunned by her announcement.