16 | siblings

❝ 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚,
𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏
𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 ❞

𝑱𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒚 𝒁𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒓

* * * * * * *

T H E A

"This is my sister, Ellerie." He explains and I stare at them both in complete confusion when it finally clicks.

Oh my god. The princess he was speaking to on the phone at the diner, was his sister?

For God sake. Really?

"Your.. sister?" I repeat and he stands up, now towering over me like he always does. Damn, I actually felt tall for a minute too.

"Yes Thea, my sister." He replies amusingly and I can't help but feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.

My eyes wander down from his face and latch onto the grey t-shirt that's covering his lean torso, his arms on show along with the multiple tattoos on his skin.

One is of a small bird, another of some kind of Roman numerals which I couldn't understand if my life depended on it, another of which looks like rosary beads and one that I actually can understand. Mom, in Italian. Mamma, along with a cross and some more numbers beside it which I can't make out from this distance.

"I'm four!" The little girl exclaims proudly and I almost jump a little, tearing my eyes away from Rio and focus them on her.

"Wow, you're really big," I smile and she nods knowingly.

She looks just like Rio. Tan skin, long black hair that falls to just below her hips and dark green eyes — although her eyes are more hazel than green.

Wait a minute. Ellerie? Theo said that he had a 'best girl friend' called Ellerie, and it's not everyday that you hear a name like that.

Coincidence?

Who the hell knows.

"Are you Theo's mommy?" She asks and my lips part a little at her very open question.

"No, I'm his cousin," I clarify and feel Rio's dark eyes burning through me as I speak to his little sister. "I like your Elsa dress," I compliment and she beams up at me, showing a bright toothy smile.

"Elsa is my favourite!" She confesses happily.

I shuffle on my feet, still feeling Rio's stare on the side of my face. "She's my favourite too," I tell her and she gasps a little.

"I have princess Elsa dolls at home, you can come and see them if you want?" She suggests and I shake my head, looking down at Theo.

"Oh, I'd love to but I can't, I'm looking after Theo now," I say apologetically, not wanting to hurt her feelings.

She shrugs a little, glancing at Theo before craning her neck up to me again. "That's okay, you can come tomorrow then!" She suggests and my eyes widen, not expecting her to think of a solution like that.