14 | a helping hand

❝ 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓
𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒂,
𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❞

5𝑺𝑶𝑺

* * * * * * *

T H E A

After spending the majority of the day with my mom at her salon, we went shopping which took a lot longer than I was expecting. Finally we make it out of the grocery store and head towards the car to unload it.

A truck stops beside us and I glance over my shoulder, noticing a familiar face get out of the black vehicle. "Thea?" He says in suprise and my eyes widen a little, caught by as much suprise as him.

"Uh, hey Ricky."

My mom looks up too, raisng a brow suggestively and I feel myself starting to cry from the inside out. Please don't say anything, please don't say anything.

"How are you? I tried looking for you again at the party but your friend said that you left," he explains and I just nod my head, not really knowing what else to do.

If my parents find out that I left the party with a boy and never told them, they would lose their shit.

"Well I wouldn't really say left." I reply awkwardly and he arches a brow, his dark blond hair blowing slightly in the cool breeze.

"Oh well, I guess I'll see you round, somewhere." He mumbles and I offer a forced, polite smile as he shoves his hands into his pockets and walks towards the store.

I watch as he walks away and release an elated sigh, turning back around to help my mom load the car.

"Who was that?" She asks suggestively and I roll my eyes with a deep groan.

"No one," I tell her and she quirks a brow, smiling at me.

"He seems nice," she adds and I pause, looking up at her with narrowed eyes. "Okay, okay, I didn't see anything." She dismisses quickly and returns to loading up the ridiculous amount of food she decided to buy.

Once the car is full, we take the short drive home and unpack everything again. I hate this part. It's the worst. But I'll be a helping hand wherever I can.

Titan makes a rare appearance and gives me a small nod in recognition. "When is Asher getting here?" He asks.

"Tomorrow afternoon sometime," my mom answers and he nods, walking to the refrigerator and getting himself a carton of orange juice.

Titan has always had a good relationship with Asher. I feel like he's the son Asher never had. They never had anymore children after Myla which I was honestly quite surprised about.

Harlow always talks about wanting a big family but they just never tried for anymore children. Perhaps they're just content with what they have and that's that.

Plus, Myla gives them a run for their money as it is. She's far too much like me.

After we've put all of the groceries away, I head upstairs to take a shower when I notice a message on my phone. I pick it up, reading it and my eyes widen a little.