19 | kiss it better

❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆,
𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒕, 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 ❞

𝑬𝒅 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒏

* * * * * * *

T H E A

My head is thudding. My eyes feel heavy and my chest hurts. Everything hurts.

Still trying to process tonight's events, I start to feel physically sick at the thoughts of what so nearly happened.

If Rio and Jacey didn't get to me when they did.. oh god, I don't even want to consider the idea.

My eyes flicker open and I notice Rio turning onto my street. I instantly sit up and dart my eyes in every direction, shaking my head worriedly.

He notices my sudden panic and slows the car down, placing a hand on my thigh reassuringly. "Hey, hey.. what's wrong?" He asks softly.

"I ca— I can't go home, my dad will go on a killing spree if he sees me like this." I tell him and he folds his bottom lip over before making a sudden u-turn in the middle of the street, spinning the steering wheel around with one hand while the other remains on my thigh.

"Okay, we'll go back to mine." He replies calmly and I sink into the seat, feeling relieved but also a little nervous at the same time.

Neither of us have actually been to each other's houses before.

The rest of the journey to his house is completely silent, with neither of us attempting to talk to the other. The only sound coming from the confined space of the car is the low music playing on the radio.

We eventually start slowing down again as we pull up to a small residential area. I continue looking out of the window as the car turns a corner and a row of houses come into view. A mixture of big and small, but all very modern looking.

We pull onto a spacious driveway and I glance at the house we're stopping in front of. It's quite large, not huge but a reasonable size. A large white door sits at the front along with two enormous green plants either side of it.

He gets out of the car and walks around to my side, opening the door and helping me out. He unlocks the front door and we step inside, my eyes taking in the modern interior as we walk through the small foyer.

A tall blond woman appears from a room and offers Rio a friendly smile but when her eyes land on mine, her expression immediately changes. "Is everything okay?" She asks, sounding concerned.

"Yes everything's fine, thanks for tonight Lara." He replies as he puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out his wallet, taking out some cash and handing it to her.

Oh, babysitter.

"It's no problem. They're both asleep and Ellerie had a bath," she tells him and he nods. Her eyes flick to me once more before she picks up her jacket from the railing on the stairs. "I'll leave you both to it." She adds before offering us both polite smiles and walking past, towards the front door and leaving.