23 | this is a family show

❝ 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒔
𝒂𝒎 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈? ❞

𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

* * * * * * *

T H E A

I barely managed to get an hour of sleep last night. Tossing and turning with millions of thoughts running in circles through my mind. All of them about Rio.

For whatever reason, he chose to go out and get drunk. That's fine, I have nothing against him for doing that. We all go through shit and deal with it in our own ways. I'm probably the least judgemental person you'll meet. I don't like to just make assumptions based on what I've seen or heard about people.

Apart from Navy and Palmer. Those girls can literally fuck off to Mars for all I care. Oh, and Crew.

But barring those three because they don't count, I tend to never judge.

I try my hardest not to, anyway. I know what my mom went through and I also know what my dad has been through too so just by hearing their stories, it makes me rethink every life choice I make. Every decision I come to, every person I interact with, every situation I put myself in.

Well most situations.

As much as I would never and I mean never bring it up to Rio, I know for a fact that he was jealous last night. He was angry because I went out with someone and actually enjoyed myself, and it wasn't with him.

I'm still not sure why exactly, because it's not like there's any chemistry or sexual tension between us. At least not what I've picked up anyway. God, the guy can barely hold a conversation with me without turning it into an argument.

Well, there was a few seconds yesterday in Jacey's backyard when he cupped the side of my face.. but he was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing.

He probably won't even remember anything now anyway.

A soft meowing steals my attention and I glance down to see his cat, Olaf, jump onto the bed to greet me. "Hey boy," I say happily as he walks right up to my hand and purrs against it.

I never would have guessed Rio was a cat person. A dog person, yeah.. but to act all tough and intimidating, race illegally and then have a cat called Olaf.. it takes a special kind of person, that's all I'm saying.

"Where's your owner this morning?" I whisper as he continues nuzzling into my touch. "Is he awake yet?" I ask, completely aware that I'm not going to get a reply.

Gently nudging him out of the way, I pull the covers off myself and get out of the bed. When I pick up my phone I glance down at the screen to see it's only eight-thirty. Damn, these mornings are getting earlier and earlier.

Adjusting Rio's black t-shirt and pulling it down a little to hide my pale pink lace underwear, I run my hands through my long hair, trying to detangle it as best as I can without a brush.