Chapter 32: Untitled, because I honestly don't know what to call it

Start from the beginning

"True, true."

"Congratulations!" Jason said as Annabeth jogged towards them. 

Annabeth looked tired, but she smiled. "Yeah, I got the medal!"

She proudly showed them the shiny gold medal she'd gotten. 

"Do you guys want to get dinner?" Percy said. "I would kill for a cheeseburger right now."

"Me too," Annabeth said, hooking her arm in Percy's. "What about you guys?"

Frank nodded. "Sure, I'm fine with that."

Leo shook his head. "I have to get back to my garage and work on Festus."

Festus had still not been fully fixed. Jason didn't really know anything about cars.. but he figured  from Leo's expressions, that it was not looking good. 

Hazel smiled. "Definitely! I'm sooo hungry."

Piper sighed. "Sorry, guys, I have to go home and make sure my dad is okay."

Piper's dad had yet to fully recover from his kidnapping. 

Jason really wanted a cheeseburger... but he couldn't. "Sorry, I can't go either. I have to make sure my mom and Thalia don't kill each other. Could you get a cheeseburger for me or something?"

So, while Annabeth, Percy, Frank and Hazel got food, Leo went in his replacement car that he had not named to his garage, Piper was driven back home by Coach Hedge, while Jason was driven home by Argus. 

And, unfortunately, Thalia and his mom were fighting again

Jason took a deep breath, and went in. "Hi mom, hi Thalia."

Thalia stopped, mid shout and smiled. "How was the meet?"

"Fine," Jason said. "What were you guys arguing about?"

"Honey, why don't you just go upstairs?" his mom said. 

"No, you've been fighting for almost a month now, and it doesn't seem like it's been resolved," Jason said. He couldn't listen to this anymore.

Thalia sighed. "She's leaving again."

"It's only for a short period of time," his mom said. She tugged on the ribbons of her blue dress and looked down. 

Jason wasn't sure how he felt. Sure, his mom was infuriating and has messed up a lot... but she was still his mom, and at the end of the day, the little boy inside of him, with messy blond hair and blue eyes that spilled over with tears far too often, still was waiting for his mom. 

"Why?" Jason said softly. He didn't want to make a big deal out of it... but he wanted to know. For real. 

"It's been made very clear to me, um, that I need to fix myself before I can be a real mom," she said. Her words were careful, concisely crafted from her years of lying. 

"Well, we've done just fine without you," Thalia said. She looked defiant, dark hair pulled into a messy knot, bright eyes sparking with anger. 

"I know, and I'm proud. I want to be a part of your life, but I can't be, not until you're ready, and I'm.. someone worthy of being a part of your life," his mom said. 

That made sense, and Jason had to support it. It was what was best for all of them, really. 

"Where are you going?" Jason said. 

"Um, LA," she said. "I'm meeting with my agency again, and we're talking about possibilities."

Jason tensed. Fame and money had been what made her go crazy. What was to say that it couldn't happen again?