i'll protect you

We felt the van come to a complete stop. I sat myself up, scooting closer to the front window to see where we were.

    "Why did we stop?" I asked, gliding my fingers through my hair as I stared out the window. We were in the middle of a street that had lined up stores.

    With the broken windows and smashed cars, it seems as if the street had already been looted from. "Seokjin said he needed some type of alcohol and some extra medical things, figured we could stop by now and see if there's anything left," Hoseok sighed.

    "It wouldn't be too bad if we had some extra food and supplies too."

    Not letting Van argue, Hoseok shifted the gear to parking before turning the engine off and taking the key out. He opened the door before hopping out.

    We heard small rattling before the doors opened and Hoseok stood there with stern eyes. "What are you waiting for?"

    "What's the plan, exactly?" Van asked, scratched the back of his head before he hopped off of the van as well.

"There's two convenient stores we need to hit here. One's over here," he nodded his head to the store next to us. "And there's one down the far right. To make it more convenient, we should probably split up and figure out the situation from there."

"I'm a wounded soldier," Van said.

"Don't be a lazy ass," I interrupted, getting off of the van and joining the conversation. "Your arm worked just fine when those people were chasing us earlier."

Van rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to argue but Hoseok cut him off before he could.

"I'll go to the one down the far right and you two go to the nearby store since he's a fucking 'wounded soldier'," he mocked.

"And if someone comes?" I asked.

"They won't."

"But if they do?"

"Stop worrying, babygirl," Van said, winking at me before he leaned down to whisper into my ear. "I'll protect you."

    I visibly gagged as my body shuddered at his cringe words. Van smirked before Hoseok cleared his throat, grabbing our attention again.

    "Yah, don't take too long," Hoseok said, unsmiling. Reaching into the van, he grabbed a backpack and quickly put it on before checking his pockets to make sure he had his weapons intact.

    Closing the car doors, he nodded at us without a word before jogging to the convenient store that stood down the street.

    "You know who looks really sexy right now?" Van said, his voice distant.

    I didn't even want to answer.

    But I guess I didn't have to. "Me, just me."

    I turned around to see him standing farther across from me — in fact, he was checking himself out in the side view mirror of the van.

    "I mean, no offense babygirl, I look hot for a guy whose shoulder got shot," he called.

    "Oh my god, can we just go?" I breathed out before walking over to him. I grabbed his forearm and dragged him towards the store. "Hoseok is probably half done by now."

    Upon entering the store, I noticed that there seemed to still be some items left on the shelves. It wasn't fully stocked nor was it enough, but there were things lying around that could be of good use.