Chapter 14 - Dancing in the Rain (Adelina's POV)

"Addy." Carlos' voice was in my ear "Babe. Wake up."
I sighed as I snuggled into my pillow, pulling the blankets up higher in the attempt to stay warm in my short bike shorts and one of the shirts I had stolen from Carlos. Getting impatient with my reluctance to leave the warmth of my bed Carlos started ticking my side, I squirmed and giggled, shying away from the touch.
"Alright, alright, alright." I said, breathless "I'll get up."
Carlos smiled victorious as he climbed off of me to allow me to get up.
"Get dressed into something cute but comfortable." He said "Oh and bring a swimsuit."
I nodded and he exited the room to allow me to change, I looked through my options before deciding on a white bikini top with light and dark palm leaves on the bottom piece. Over that I slipped on a pair of denim shorts and a loose long sleeve tie up shirt, I quickly tied my hair up in a messy bun and slid on my shades before slipping my feet into my favourite pair of sandals. I pocketed my phone before grabbing my circular bag and stuffed in my towel and a drink bottle, even going as far to grab some snacks just in case. I know my boyfriend and his bottomless pit of a stomach. I walked down the stairs where Carlos was waiting, he smiled upon my arrival and we went to walk outside as Carlos shouted over his shoulder at everyone else inside the Villa.
"We're going on a date." He shouted "See you all later."
He closed the door giving everyone no room for protest, he grabbed my hand with a mischievous smile on his face.
"Come on then!"
I laughed as he took off in a run, dragging me behind him, I ran to catch up with him, he smiled at me as we ran towards a side of the property I hadn't seen before. He brought me to the edge and we peered down to see clear waters, I looked at him and there was no doubt we were thinking the same thing.
"You ever been cliff diving Addy?" I shook my head no and he smiled "Well no time like the present."
I smiled as I pulled off my shirt and shorts before kicking off my sandals, Carlos who was now only in a pair of board shorts grabbed my hand before we both ran and jumped off the cliff, which wasn't very high. We hit the water before submerging, we took one look at each other before bursting into laughter, I flicked up some water at him before swimming away once I saw the look of fake anger on his face. I hit the ground and immediately started climbing up the hill until I had reached the cliff where we had dumped our things, his backpack was stuffed full of things and I couldn't help but wonder how on earth he carried it. Carlos arrived to find me sitting on the edge of the cliff with my legs dangling over the edge. He walked over and sat down beside me, pressing a kiss to my temple with a smile.
"Whatcha thinkin bout love?" He asked
"How hungry I am." I joked, partly serious "I didn't get breakfast after all."
He smiled before going to his backpack and pulling out a box and two thermos, he passed a thermos to me before putting the box between us. I took a sip of the thermos only to taste the deliciousness of my favourite mango and passionfruit smoothie I used to make with Sophia all the time as a pre workout snack. I hummed my approval before opening the box to find waffles and croissants, I kissed Carlos on the cheek before eating, Carlos ate some as well considering most of his morning was spent trying to get me up. In my defence I'd had a long few weeks, with Issy giving birth to having late night movies and not to mention the twins waking me up constantly with their crying, last night was the longest sleep I'd had in a while.
"This is brunch by the way." He said between mouthfuls
I nodded and continued eating, in about half and hour we had demolished the box of food and had laid down with our feet still hanging over the edge of the cliff with our smoothies in hand. We started talking, about anything and everything, about deep topics and light ones, being both serious and having jokes at the same time. About after two hours of talking Carlos pulled out his laptop with Issy's movie drive plugged in, we selected a movie, Oceans 8, before watching it, we added in our own bits of commentry while the movie played. Surprisingly I didn't get annoyed by Carlos' comments and jokes as I usually did with Issy's, but then again that might just be the person. Halfway through the movie I pulled out the packet of popcorn I had brought with me in case of an emergency, I opened it before offering some to Carlos. He took some before I put the packet between us.
"Thanks darlin."
I smiled at the nickname before giving him a quick kiss on the lips and then settled down to watch the rest of the movie. The movie finished and Carlos packed away the laptop before going on his phone quickly, he set his phone down on a nearby rock. Then some slow, soft music started the play and he offered me his hand, I took it before he pulled me too him, he wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine over his shoulders. We swayed softly as the music played loudly, despite only playing out of a phone speaker the music drowned out the other noises from our surroundings, making it the loudest thing out here. That's when I felt it, the soft drops of rain that landed on my skin, that soon turned into a heavier downpour. Luckily the bags were somewhere sheltered and Carlos had moved his phone, I laughed as it rained down on us and Carlos spun me out, I frowned when his hand left mine. I turned around after completing two complete rotations to find him on one knee, a ring in his hands
"Adelina." He began "We haven't been dating long compared to our friends but I know in my heart, soul and entire being that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. So will you marry me?"
The happy tears that slid down my face soon blended beyond recognition with the rain as I nodded.
"Yes." I breathed "A million times yes."

AN

So that was the final chapter of this book, don't worry because there is going to be an epilogue that I'll post in a minute. The epilogue is going to be our last look in the worlds of Adelina, Amada, Isabella and Sophia.

I hope you have all enjoyed the story because I've mostly enjoyed writing it.

As always,

Keep reading and I'll see you in the next chapter

Belle