e n d i n g

19
____

The sound of a train passed by as he and George sat down by a lake. The crackling of the campfire the brunet made disturbed him.

The venue of the wedding was on a church near the place Fundy proposed to him, so the familiarity of it all from a few months ago hurt. It reminded him of the time when he gave himself to the ginger completely because he thought he had finally gotten over George.

But looking at the golden ring that the ghost was holding right now, maybe this is the time to let go. To set all of them free of the shackles he put themselves in. So, he can restart and open a new chapter in the book.

"It's finally over," George began, "the journey is over and we've let out everything. There's nothing left to say other than goodbyes."

He disagreed, "Tell me the truth, did you or did you not wanted me to die on the roof?" He's not stupid, the wind pushed him forward that day.

The brunet clenched on the ring, his fist shaking lightly, "If I did? Even then it was only for a moment."

Liar.

"A moment or something you still long to happen?" He goaded and the ghost looked at him sharply.

"Don't get any ideas. Burn the ring," The golden-band was thrown to him, the last piece of the puzzle in his hand. The ending to his suffering, to his endless thoughts of regrets.

"Life isn't permanent, I hope when I'm gone you find true happiness. It will always be waiting for you on the other side," George added and he smiles sadly.

Some words are never said as he throws the ring into the fire. There's no turning back, he had made up his mind. No matter what happens, he's doing it.

"I love you. Goodbye, Dreamy," The brunet stands up to press a sweet kiss on his head and while he reaches out to give the ghost a last hug, the other disappeared.

"Goodbye, George," He whispers to nothing as he stood up and made his way back to the place they were staying in. His thoughts were occupied as he tries to remember what he came here for.

Every step felt heavy and every memory felt distorted. Something was missing, he just can't pinpoint what it is. He sees the venue, he can't move. Why does his chest feel empty? Something is missing but what is it?

He turns away and runs in the opposite direction.

Step, "What is wrong with me?"

Crunch, "There's a hole in my heart and I don't know how to fill it up."

Fundy's face flashed in his mind and he frowns. His journey of self-discovery is over yet something isn't right.

He came here to throw away the ring, he convinced himself to throw away the ring. No...

There's something else, something he made up his mind on. What is it? What did he choose? What did he—

He sees light at the end of the tracks and he absentmindedly continued walking towards it. Every step feels heavy on the gravel ground as he made his way to the tracks of the train.

Then he remembered.

"I picked—" The train passed by and he steps back, afraid of sudden death. What is he doing? He can't be with George, no matter how much he wants to. He needs to stop being selfish.

Then he laughs, tears pricked his eyes as he laughed his heart out. Maybe, he can never truly move on after all. A part of him will always long for George and he'll accept that. He can work with that. Maybe, that's been his conflict all along.

The reason why he couldn't move on is because he couldn't accept the fact George died alone. He was ready to throw himself in the tracks to end it, but he was scared. That wasn't the right decision, all this time George never blamed him. Why was he blaming himself?

He can't die yet, there's so much to do. He already lost George that doesn't mean he has to lose Fundy too. Like George said both of them deserved a happy ending. He can't lose another person that cares for him.

Red stained anemones were on the ground he was sitting on and he smiles, standing up and brushing off the dirt on his clothes.

"It's going to be okay, now," The only thing he's moved on from is the guilt he's felt and worries of the past. George is still here and his love for him will never die, he just has to cherish the memories they had left. And continue to tell himself, "It's okay, move on."

____

He was a few minutes late to the wedding, the dress made it hard to run to the church but he applauded himself that he still made it.

Panting slightly, he stared at the faces of his friends who looked at him baffled by his sudden appearance.

"You look like a hot mess, dude," Sapnap pointed out with a laugh as he let the others touch up his appearance a bit.

The music started and the others went inside while he and his dad stayed on the other side of the church doors.

"I can't believe I'm giving you away again," His dad grumbled and he laughed, happily placing his hand to his father's extended arm.

The doors opened and they walked down the aisle. His eyes met Fundy who looked close to tears at the sight of him. No more lies, no more hiding.

His sol and luna were George but now a new chapter opened up in his story— their story. His and Fundy's story.

Fundy is now his sol and luna.

He grabs the ginger's hand as the other guides him in front of the priest.

The red anemones, chrysanthemums, and gladiolus in his bouquet were beautiful.

"Love, for however long we'll be together. I'll dedicate my everything to you and only you. You are my heaven and nothing else. You are my sun and moon, the one I'll look up to. I've finally let go of the past and nothing's holding me back anymore."

"Fundy, I love you even if the sun dies."

____

The End

I don't want to spoon feed you guys the whole story. If you have theories on what happened, just comment I'll reply :>

Is it a happy ending or not?('ε )

ily (﹏・)