c h a n g e s

12
____

"Are you for real?" He asks as the ginger gives him a small peck, eyes gleaming in excitement.

"Honey, when have I ever lied to you?"

He quirks a brow, laughing lightly when he realized that his fiancé never did lie to him, "I guess never."

"A good relationship and marriage start with honesty, babe," He feels slightly guilty as the other fiddles with the ring in his finger, "I opened up myself to you so easily... because I wanted to show you, that it's okay to let yourself go. To let go of the past."

I'm sorry, Fundy.

His fiancé eyes the golden ring on his necklace, tracing it with such care.

"I sometimes wonder if I could be loved more than you love him-... do you smell that?" They took a second to realize the smell and panicked to get out of the room.

Shit, the stove was open and on fire!?

"Fuck! Do you have a fire extinguisher!?" Fundy shrieked as the fire got bigger.

He panics to get it and the ginger took it from him, spraying it to the stove. They coughed from the smoke, relieved that the danger was gone.

"Babe, I think your house is haunted," The other joked, humor in his eyes.

He laughs, nervously. Silently cursing the brunet, "Probably."

His fiancé gave him a worried look, "Weird things have been happening, don't you think? I think we should move out sooner than expected. I'm worried for you, baby."

"I don't know-"

A crash of pans alerted them both and he realized George was definitely doing this on purpose. The brunet wants him to move out.

"I know it's a hard decision to do since you did bargain to live here for at least until after the wedding but I- at least I'll be able to take care of you," Fundy urged him.

He felt a cold feeling that squeezed his shoulder.

"Okay."

____

He and Fundy spent the day at home, just lazing around. Planning for the wedding and looking for people to move his things. It was a chill day overall aside from the rocky morning. The two of them were back in bed, cuddled in each other's arms.

"Do you remember treasure planet?" He smiles lightly, the memory of their first date fresh in his mind.

"I remember it quite well," He mumbles, burying his face deeper in Fundy's neck, "You took me to a fancy restaurant that became my favorite and we went to watch a movie on an expensive couch we spilled wine on."

"The first time we kissed?" He hums, softly.

"You took me home after a month of dating, we got back from laser tag with the feral boys. You asked if you could kiss me and I just pulled you in."

"How about the bad times?" His grip tightens on his fiancé's shirt. Of course, he does.

It was only after two months that he tried to break up with the ginger, it was too much. The dates he was starting to really enjoy and the guilt that came with it was taking a toll on him.

He had blocked Fundy but his phone magically unblocked him and a call started. The ginger came rushing to his house, never pushing any boundaries, never stepping any lines. Just there, for emotional support.

"Yeah, love. Thank you for being patient with me," He pecks the other's neck as they started to drift off.

"Does it ever drive you crazy? Just how fast the night changes," Fundy murmurs, singing sweetly to him.

George watched the two, invisible till midnight. He had wanted a chance to talk to Dream again but he figured the blond wouldn't be up later, being so comfortable in the ginger's embrace.

The brunet grabs the phone from the side, opening it up to notes.

6. He puts you first before anything else. Like Charlie Puth, he's one call away from running supersonic speed to you whenever you need him.

7. Loves you so much, he puts his all in everything that evolves you. He doesn't need a flower to tell you how he feels because he expresses it beautifully with his words.

8. He can see the color of your eyes. He can see how beautiful you truly are.

9. I called Fundy the night you two tried to break up. You looked so upset, I know you don't want him gone. He comforts you better than I do, he uses his words better than me. You would never get hurt when you choose him over me.

The ghost remembers the time when it was simple. When he doesn't have to share. The time when Dream was still his.

But of course, changes are inevitable.

____

He leans against a pillar, staring absentmindedly at the view of the lake. Tomorrow, he'll marry Dream. Speaking of Dream, the blond arrived panting lightly. He probably ran all the way there. The other walked towards him with a confused look.

"George, why did you call me? We're not supposed to see each other before the wedding-" He shuts the blond up with a kiss, relishing the surprised sound that came from the other.

"I love you, Dream," He expressed, earning a lovestruck grin from the blond. It was amusing, to see the other radiating so much joy from just a few words.

A hand cupped his cheeks and pulled him in for another kiss, sweeter. He wrapped his arms around Dream's neck, their height difference being a bother as he tried to dominate the other.

"Wait-" The other pushed him away, red dusted the blond's freckled cheeks, "We shouldn't!"

"Why not?" He teased the younger, who huffed at him embarrassed.

"I want everything to be perfect, George. I don't want to limp on our wedding," His cute fiancé addressed with a pout.

He chuckled, flirtatiously running a hand down the other's chest, "My big baby, stop acting so cute."

"George-" He shuts him up, sealing their lips once again. A strangled whine came from Dream as he pushed the other to a pillar.

"I wish I could afford for us to have a grand wedding. I didn't even buy you an engagement ring," He pulls away to mumble disappointedly. Maybe, they were moving a bit too fast.

"We don't need a grand wedding or a diamond ring, I just need you," Dream reassured him as they leaned against one another. His lover was truly, unbelievable.

"I love you too, George. Please don't ever change."

____

End of Chapter 12

Just got home from biking, I can't feel my legs •́ ‿ ,•̀

Thanks for the support, I can never get tired of thanking everyone for being here <3