c o m f o r t

6
____

He sobs and the brunet next to him doesn't move. He feels like shit, like a throwaway trident, a fucking joke.

The door opens with a tired Fundy walking in, he tries to hide himself but the ginger notices and runs towards him.

"Baby, why are you crying?" His fiancé asks him, pulling him closer to his chest.

He looks over to the spot George was and found it empty, he shakes his head having no excuse.

"Okay, okay... I won't force you. I'll be here okay? Just like before, just like on the roof," His cries quiet down as the ginger kisses his tears away.

"I t-thought... you'd be coming back later—"

"The meeting ended a lot earlier than expected," Fundy lays down on the couch and pulls him to rest on his chest. He feels fingers thread through his hair, massaging his scalp.

"Did you eat?"

He shook his head, "I didn't feel hungry," He mumbles.

"It's 2 am, you tired?" The other asks and he nods.

"Not really..."

"Do you feel better?

"Kinda," He sighs as he snuggles closer.

"How about we go for a night drive?"

"I'd like that."

____

Fundy had one of his hands on the wheel and the other on his hand. He sighs, feeling bad for troubling his fiancé.

"I'm such a bad boyfriend," He says and the other glares at him.

"You're not," The ginger scolds him and he frowns.

"You were tired and I had you drive us out to make me feel better."

"So? You'd do the same for me," That was true.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'd ride you to remove all the stress," He jokes lightly and the other squeezed his hand.

"Don't do this while I'm driving," Fundy says a flush on his face.

"Okay, okay," He snickers before he remembers something, "don't we have somewhere to be tomorrow?"

"I can cancel it, love," The ginger replies with a reassuring smile.

"But isn't it important?" He argues and the other quirks a brow.

"Nothing's more important than you," The other retaliates, smugly.

His mouth clamped shut, Fundy always does this to shut him up and it was working. He decides to change the subject before they completely strip naked here and fuck each other. Just kidding, of course.

Now's not the time when the ghost of your husband is literally haunting you.

"I tried on the dress," His fiancé perks up and gives him an excited grin.