Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

"I hope they work it out," I gently pick up the cake and place it in the refrigerator, "They're crazy about each other, and did you see Zack? He looked really hurt."

Zack looked like someone kicked his puppy. Zack is always smiling and laughing and goofing around, so to see him so angry and hurt, I felt empathetic. And I knew from looking at the way his eyes were glistening with anger and pain, he's fallen for Nolee. No guy who lives and breathes sex and girls would react like that about a girl he's slept with.

"Yeah," Blair says, helping me clear up the mess I made, "I just wanted to give him a hug. I hope everything goes good for them otherwise it's gonna be awkward at the party."

They'll work it out. I have strong faith in them to understand what they mean to each other. They just need to be honest with each other.

"So," Blair breaks the silence with a cheeky grin, "What'd you get Xavier for his present?"

Nolee

The Creek is the place you go to have sinful fun. Racing, drinking, fucking—anything goes on after dark at The Creek.

There's a race underway as I make my way towards Viini, who is lost in a girl's mouth.

"Hey, Trouble." Viini smirks at me, his eyes raking down my body. Viini is good, but he's bad news in the heart and love department.

"Where's Zack?"

Viini nods his head towards the two cars racing and sure enough, I see Zack's royal blue Dodge Challenger. My heart starts to race at the thought of seeing him after that night. It's been over a week and I miss him.

I've left several text messages, asking—no, pleading—Zack to just listen to me and let me explain. I've called him too and I've even attempted to talk to him on campus but everything has been aired. It breaks me knowing he doesn't want to talk to me.

Before, I was wishing for him to stop sending me his crude messages, his stupid selfies, and look at me with hunger. But now, I want them more than anything—I want him more than anything.

There's a loud cheer all of a sudden—the race has finished and when I turn to look at the winner, I'm not surprised to see Zack's car. I wring my hands nervously, my thoughts are going haywire.

I want to tell him the truth and why I did what I did. And I want him to be honest with me.

I want to know what we are to each other.

Viini goes over to Zack and hands him his winnings, I stay back to watch Zack. He's laughing and grinning but it doesn't look genuine. Viini does a handshake with him, and Zack does the same with the guy he was racing against and then a girl slides in. Zack sees her and there's no emotion on his face but when she wraps her arms around his neck and crashes her lips on his, Zack doesn't hold back.

My heart breaks.

Tears cloud my eyes and I feel so defeated.

I came here tonight to tell him everything, I thought the whole week he'd be angry or frustrated or even sad but, no watching him kiss this girl—Zack is being destructive. I know him so well to sense that. There's a reason why he's doing this but what?

I watch on like a mannequin as he and the girl kiss and then he pulls her away and it's then that I hear myself whimper in hurt.

Summer.

Summer was kissing him.

What is she doing here? Did he bring her? Why did he kiss her back? Why is she kissing him all the time? Why the fuck is she kissing him?!